cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection

N/A

Broadband connection

You say the engineer will connect my broadband line next Tues after 12 noon. I can't understand whether this is done remotely or does he visit my home?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Broadband connection

Sorry, what is this related to?

If this is a response to a ticket reply by CS then you need to ask that question on the ticket as no-one here will have any clue about your problem - this is a general support forum and specific problems need to use the ticket system.
Liam
Grafter

Broadband connection

An engineer will not be required to come out to your property to connect the broadband. Most activations are done remotely at the exchange.

Can I ask where you read that an engineer would be required? Just so that I can pass back feedback on possible confusion that could be caused.

Hope that helps clear things up.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Broadband connection

Wonder if it could have come from the BT checker - something on the lines of "your line may support 1Mbps but an engineer visit may be required"
Liam
Grafter

Broadband connection

That is true... I just want to identify if there is any messaging around the signup / order tracker process that we could improve.
N/A

Broadband connection

THe wording on the aorder tracker was: "The activation process normally takes between 7 and 10 days until your line is activated. Your activation date
An engineer will activate your broadband on:

24th Jul 2007 - After 12pm"

It wasn't obvious whether this would be done remotely or not. Now that I know whetheer an engineer will not call at my house, I am still left wondering if I will receive an email or phone call to tell me the line has been activated so that I can start work on the modem?