cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection

N/A

Broadband connection

I have recently decided to stay with plusnet although my connection does not seem to work. Everytime I tried to connect I got a "There was no Dial Tone" Error, which I had got before when I was just starting my internet conntection in summer 05, although then I think it was due to not having my line connected. I have contacted plusnet about this and they have suggested about going wireless, although Im not sure, is wireless really the solution? and due to the upgrades i.e I would be recieving 8mg according to my account, will the affect my download limits?

Regards-
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Broadband connection

Going wireless will make no difference to your problem because it is an ADSL connection problem not a local network problem, so I'm not sure how that suggestion got made.
N/A

Broadband connection

I've been having exactly the same problem, I wish someone at Plus Net would explain what is going on. They've referred my problem to BT a couple of days ago but I've had no further update or improvement to service.
Community Veteran

Broadband connection

BT are never quick in responding to fault reports so expect to wait a while longer yet. Once it has been handed over to BT there is little PN can do to hurry up the fix.
N/A

Broadband connection

Could it possibly be that my modem is just faulty or something. Id really like to continue my internet with plusnet although im finding it irrating not knowing why my adsl wont work. so far I havent had the internet for months now and ive been charged for the internet even though I havent been able to actually access the internet itself. :?
N/A

Broadband connection

Hi there,

Have you raised a ticket about this yet?

The following Tutorials may help with the fault diagnosis process:-

ADSL Trouble Shooting

ADSL Wiring and Filters

Run through the checks in those articles and ensure that the modem is correctly installed and configured. If you can borrow a modem or router that would also help to identify the cause of the problem.

Let us know how you get on. But dont delay, if your paying for it it needs to be working. This can be sorted. Smiley