cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection by other account users

N/A

I have an adsl 500 usb broadband connection on windows XP. The question is how to I configure other user accounts to use the internet connection (it works fine on my account). The Binatone broadband icon exists on their user accounts but does not connect (just gets a blank page). Do I have to seperately configuer each users connection settings or can this be done automatically through my account somehow. I have ticked the 'share internet connections' box under my account but this obviously doesnt work.

I am sure the answer is easy but I would be grateful for direction on this :lol:
3 REPLIES
N/A

Are the other users Admins? I suspect that they will need to be admin to use it.

If this isnt the case make sure the dir and files that it uses have the rights for all users. Often if you install things as admin it set everyone with only read rights and they will need full control
N/A

i belived that
I have ticked the 'share internet connections' box under my account but this obviously doesnt work.

is use it own network.

else i guess you have to configure or install the USB modem setting in each acc.

oh forgot as below he mention about the router page. see if u set the router is always on if notyou have to go to the router page to start to connection
N/A

All users are administrators. Checking the properties on the binatone desktop icon (you need this to connect) on other users it shows it as C:\documents and settings\all users\desktop. Again double clicking the binatone icon doesnt come up with the binatone log-on page. I think I saw on a prvious forum that there was not a way of logging on without going through the binatone page and it was not possible to connect using internet explorer. Therefore I am still in the dark but it just seems odd that the answer may be to install the software for the binatone connection on each user set up - especially as the software has set up an icon already on each users desktop :?: