cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband and dLAN

N/A

Broadband and dLAN

After nearly a year of poor performance and connectivity, Plusnet persuaded BT engineer to visit house on planet Zircon (North Glos, but 3 miles from local exchange)..Result new master BT socket with built in micro filter which now works v well with Linksys router. Also discovered Devolo products which converts household electicity system into LAN. No cables = BRILLIANT! BUT... 1Mg upgrade not poss due to leaves on the line...well, noise apparently. Help...How can I/we apply further pressure to BT to improve the line which has been in place since the middle ages..?Huh
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Broadband and dLAN

Is any of the cable over head? I had the entire run from the pole to the master socket replaced(in two different "repairs"). If you've got a long overhead run then radio noise seems to be an unavoidable problem.
N/A

Broadband and dLAN

Yes it is but not sure how much. Recent housing developments between us and the exchange have put some of it underground but BT engineers (when they come to fix the phone line when it rains) keep commenting on the poor state of the line. Plusnet tell me I have 60db noise which is on the limit for a 1Mb upgrade.
N/A

Broadband and dLAN

That attenuation is always going to severely limit your connection.

If you pick up your phone and dial 17070 option 2 is there any audible noise on the line?