cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation timescales

Patch
Grafter

This morning a BT engineer converted out ISDN line to a broadband enabled phone line. I have plugged in and set up the router, and the router shows that it is connected successfully, however I am not getting any data flow.

The Order tracker still indicates Plus net are waiting for BT to activate my line.

How long do you think it might be before we are up and running, is it normally a matter of hours or days from this point?

Thanks

Patch
3 REPLIES
N/A

Try these test login details and see if you have a connection to the exchange:

User: bt_test_user@startup_domain
P/word: test

User: bt_test_user@plusdsl.net
P/word: test

Could be Plusnets end if you get a connection to the exchange.

Laters
Patch
Grafter

Thanks for the tip, May be handy in the future, but luckily I don't need it now.

I gave plusnet a ring this morning, and they were able to tweek something at their end, so now we are up and running! Cheesy
LiamM
Grafter

Yeah, as the work wouldn't have been reported as complete as soon as it was done, you wouldn't have been able to authenticate.

The Plusnet servers should see your attempt to connect and activate your account within an hour, though ringing Support will often mean they will do it manually for you (though a couple of times they have refused - whether they were just lazy, or didnt know how to do it I don't know!) and it occurs almost instantly.