cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Usage

N/A

Broadband Usage

Hi I hope someone can help, I’m on the Broadband Plus 3GB usage and have been with Plusnet for two weeks now, I have kept an eye on my daily usage and already I have used over 2GB, I’m the only person in the home and use the connection for an hour in the morning and a couple of hour when I get home from work, when I’m not using it I have the PC and Router switched off but the usage still rises, why?

I have been with other ISP with monthly usage of 2GB and I have never gone over it using around 1GB of it!

Am I sharing this connection with someone!!

Thanks!
5 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband Usage

There are/have been problems reported of incorrect usage figures, not least by myself. I can only suggest that you raise a question (ticket) with CS; whether you'll get a satisfactory resolution is another matter.

BTW do you have a wireless connection? Is it secure?
ID
Grafter

Broadband Usage

Also usage isnt applied to your account as its used. It can take some time for the figure to be updated. (upto about 2hrs after use)
N/A

Broadband Usage

Yes that’s fine but it doesn’t explain where all my GB are going, I have used 2GB in two weeks, as I said I used to use around 1GB a month with the previous ISPs

It says I used around 25mb this morning, looking at a few web pages…… come on!!!

BTW I do have a Wireless Router and it has WEP and MAC security on and I switch it off when not in use
N/A

Broadband Usage

Ok update to this, I switched on the pc this morning and went to Plusnet and looked at the usage for today and it was zero, looked at a few web pages and switched pc and router off, came home from work had a look at my usage and now it has went up to 19.39MB, now I know that looking at a few web pages for an hour this morning would never increase the usage like that!!!!

Well are there others on here with the same? keep an eye on it!!
N/A

Broadband Usage

it starts to become a joke, I had 2 days after they fixed the games servers (I dont use gaming anymore) where I had an extra 2 GB added on HTTP traffic, thats a lot of surfing, but I have gone over my 4.5 GB and now just put up with my 128k connection, its just a pain because everything goes so slow and this wasnt how it was sold in the early days, it was sold as I understood 2MB connection witrh restrictions on P2P, not restrictions on the connection and no P2P.