cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed

N/A

Broadband Speed

My equipment is showing a speed of 4192kbps but my ip profile is only showing 2000kbps. Since being on max dsl my connection speeds have been around 3000 - 4500 kbps,My actual speed now is 1844 kbps. Is their any reason for this decline in speed
5 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband Speed

Did you get the IP Profile you refer to from the BT Speedtester or from the PN High Speed Broadband page?

If it's the BT one then probably you've synced lower due to noise or a equipment fault at some point. With any luck this was just a blip and your IP Profile will climb again in 3-5 days.

If it stays at 2000kbps then you might want to check out this tutorial.

If the PN High Speed Broadband page is significantly lower than that reported by BT (it's usually rounded) then raise a ticket citing both and someone from PN will give it a poke.
N/A

Broadband Speed

Lestones

thanks for your reply, The ip profile was form the bt speed tester and form the pn high speed broadband checker. I will monitor over the next few days and see what happens

thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Broadband Speed

Hi,

Looking at the line speed history it's bouncing around quite a bit between about 2Mbp and 3.5Mbps. So could easily be that there's some kind of wiring or filter problem that's causing it amongst other things.
N/A

Broadband Speed

I have found the dodgy filter and replaced it and my downstream rate is now 6432kbps, am i required to reconnect for the next 3 days or will pn give my account a poke as my speed on high speed broadband is now 1500kbps

Thanks all for your help
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Broadband Speed

The automated systems on BT's side will automatically pick up the increase in sync speed, so long as it stays stable then in 3-5 days it will automatically increase the throughput rate. No real need to reboot every day, but does sometimes help and speed it up.