Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed Restriction

dejjones
Grafter

I am on BBYW up to 1GB.
My usage just crept over the 1GB yesterday, the last day of the month.(1.09GB).
I did not notice any speed restriction yesterday (I believe the system is that you are restricted to 128kbps until the end of the month). But today (the first day of the new month) I have obviously had a speed restriction applied.
Can someone at PN please release me!
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Have you tried to reboot your modem/router since passing the billing date? This should lift the restrictions, however if it doesn't simply let us know and we'll get it chased up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
dejjones
Grafter

Have just rebooted, and yes, it seems to have worked.

Many thanks.

Is this the normal way to reset it, if so is it written down anywhere?

Regards
Community Veteran

It does not sound normal to me. If it is necessary to reboot your router after going over your limit after your billing date then something is wrong with the design of the package in how the restrictions are done & removed.

I do know that it can take a day or so after passing your billing date for the systems to reset allowances and remove restrictions on other accounts (premier/BB+ etc), so its possible you were in this state and it would have corrected itself later in the day.

If this is how it works (a reboot required), it needs to be changed.
James
Grafter

Hi there,

This definitely shouldn't be occurring. It's definitely a problem if it more than a one off. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled (which sounds painful) for any further instances and get our Development Team to look into it should they arise.