cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Premier...

N/A

Broadband Premier...

At the moment I have a Teleworker account (£68.00 / month) uncapped, 20:1, 2mbit line.

In comparison the Broadband Premier account (21.99 / month) i get a 30.1, 2mbit line.

Is it capped , shaped, monitored etc etc any differently to the Teleworker account?

Buz
15 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband Premier...

The BB premier accounts aren't capped/shapped.
N/A

Broadband Premier...

at all in any way? is there a Fair use policy? an acceptable limit?
craigbrass
Grafter

Broadband Premier...

They are not capped, no limits and no fair usage policy!
Alecto
Grafter

Broadband Premier...

However, if Plusnet in their wisdom think that you are overusing your connection - details not specified - then they will speak to you about your usage and presumably ask you to reduce it in some way.

I've not heard of this happening to anybody since the bad boys pipe episode- well nobody's posted on the forums about it anyway - so it doesn't look like a frequent occurrence.

And in any case it does mean you'd get talked to rather than cut off or throttled.
craigbrass
Grafter

Broadband Premier...

and thats only when you start going over 250GB per month and tbh, hardly anyone will.
N/A

Broadband Premier...

meh
Alecto
Grafter

Broadband Premier...

and thats only when you start going over 250GB per monthl.

Where did you get this figure from? And doesn't it depend whether it's peak or off-peak? I'd assumed they'd get touchy far below 250, but haven't found anything specific at all about it.
craigbrass
Grafter

Broadband Premier...

I read on a site back in november last yearish that PlusNet were shoving all bandwidth hogs over 250 onto their own "bad boys" fat pipe and there was about 150 users they were doing it to with their worst offender being 550GB per month.
Alecto
Grafter

Broadband Premier...

Oh, right. Must be my memory going!
I thought I remembered the bad boys pipe as starting at 150Gb. not 250.
Tongue
LiamM
Grafter

Broadband Premier...

I remember it being as around 150Gb also...
N/A

Broadband Premier...

Indeed. The 250 figure was bandied about during the BBP episode. However. as others have mentioned I would imagine that if a user was maxing their connection out to this degree, certainly for a prolonged period they would get a call from Plus net.

I would tend to run with the 150 theory, but, as nothing is set in stone we are all really scratching around in the dark.

Until we hear from someone who has been contacted, we wont really know the limits.

Hit it a rattle buz and let us know when they ring you. Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

Broadband Premier...

Just checked on the criteria for going on the bad boys pipe and it was consistent usage of 140Gb a month for 3 months.

I can't find the Pn statement, but John Essex confirms the figure in a post from late last year:

You would only raise eyebrows as far as Plunet is concerned if you were to use massive amounts of bandwidth (about 140gB) every month, month after month. Which is what was happening for the so called "Bad Boys"
N/A

Broadband Premier...

Lol i'm glad i read this post, this is my first month at Plusnet and also my first month on broadband and i was quite worried as i have just hit over 30gig with 2 days left in the month.
Looks like i'm well in even though in my opinion i've used it excessively, i think an average month for me will be around 20gig once the novelty of having broadband wears off.
craigbrass
Grafter

Broadband Premier...

From what I was aware, it was 150 - 250GB, they explained the situation that you are using too much bandwidth and just asking you to basically use less. If you go over 250GB, they move you onto a socalled "Bad Boy Pipe". Thats what I was told by sombody at plusnet when I phoned on behalf of a friend who was considering moving to PlusNet but wanted to know about how much bandwidth they *could* use.