cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Plus usage problem

N/A

if my Broadband Plus usage is more than 10G per month, will I be charge additionally?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

No.

£14.99/month is all you will ever pay, regardless of how much you download.
N/A

No.

£14.99/month is all you will ever pay, regardless of how much you download.

so are there any punishments if i download too much?
Community Veteran

Yes and No.

BB+ heavily traffic shapes all P2P & Usenet traffic (which is why the account is not recommnded for this type of traffic) so your speeds are likely to be reduced if you use those protocols and thus the amount you can actually download will be similarly reduced. For normal web browsing, email and games you should see no reduction in speeds.

All accounts are still subject to the acceptable usage policy detailed in the terms and conditions so if you go over say 100GB in a month (which is less likely due to the traffic shaping), PlusNet may ask you to reduce your usage or upgrade to a higher proced product..
Captain_Digital
Grafter

I beg to differ on usage as I have been on BB+ for 3 months
1st month was 6.38GB
2nd month was 8.18GB
3rd month 17.39Gb
4th month which startred on 30-12-2006 use so far 782.13MB but at speeds of 50Kbps ( worse than dial up ) for web surfing. I am not downloading at all at present just surfing but its worse than dial up especially on the plus net portal which is worse than some other sites, and Iam experiencing severe packet loss.

I have asked plus net the following question earlier today, but as yet have not had a reply.

1) What are the implications of usage counter reset in real life use?
2) Which uses are throttled and what are the implications to real life usage?
3) What are the rules one has to abide by to avoid being throttled?
4) How do you explain the packet loss of up to 16% and higher on some occasions, within your own portal?
N/A

I encountered the same problem yesterday, it seems that my connection speed has been restricted by Plus.net.

I need a explaination, there should be a warning letter or something to let you know the speed will be limited and explain the reason.

It is unfair.

I beg to differ on usage as I have been on BB+ for 3 months
1st month was 6.38GB
2nd month was 8.18GB
3rd month 17.39Gb
4th month which startred on 30-12-2006 use so far 782.13MB but at speeds of 50Kbps ( worse than dial up ) for web surfing. I am not downloading at all at present just surfing but its worse than dial up especially on the plus net portal which is worse than some other sites, and Iam experiencing severe packet loss.

I have asked plus net the following question earlier today, but as yet have not had a reply.

1) What are the implications of usage counter reset in real life use?
2) Which uses are throttled and what are the implications to real life usage?
3) What are the rules one has to abide by to avoid being throttled?
4) How do you explain the packet loss of up to 16% and higher on some occasions, within your own portal?
N/A

i do agree about the warning thing they shouldnt let us just sit hear hanging and wondering why im downloading so slow if i have gone over my qouta i can live with it till the end of the month just let me know i have so i dont phone up complaining i had to read on hear just to find out why my connections so slow!

a simple box on the usage page maybe saying gone over qouta mine says nothing of the sort, its all red and after reading the help thing it says red is fine blue and green isnt so if mines red heres me wondering why its so slow

dont get me wrong im not complaining im well over 100 gigs lol im just saying it would save on alot of confusion