cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Plus and upgrades

N/A

Does anyone know if Broadband Plus users will get the free regrade to the fastest speed? I spoke to someone in customer services the other day and they said yes but I have just read a post elsewhere on this forum that hints that that may not be the case.
15 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

No. Broadband Plus is a service sold on speed, rather than usage.

So therefore, if you signup to 512k, you will get 512k unless you upgrade otherwise to a higher package.

Broadband Plus is, however, not ideal for using any P2P, Newsgroups or heavy downloading as, during peak times, priority is given to web browsing and email collection.
N/A

The man answers the question yet again!!!

I only do a very little P2P so I am not too worried really. Does bug me that I was told duff info by CS the other day though. Still I only signed up to a monthly contract so I can change it easily later if I want/need more speed.

I play a little Counterstrike source so hopefully this will fulfill my needs in that department.
LiamM
Grafter

Yes, it is easy, and moreover free to change from 512k Broadband Plus upto Broadband Premier 30Gb at the moment., so if you find you need to make the switch you can do so.
N/A

I will probably live with it for a few months and then when I am feeling a bit more affluent I will upgrade to Premier and experience some of that 2 meg lovin'''
N/A

Just spotted this though

<Quote>
Beginning in April and continuing through the summer, all PlusNet residential broadband customers will have their lines enabled to receive the fastest speed they can support (up to 2Mb). This will be FREE.
</Quote>
LiamM
Grafter

That was posted a while back, when Broadband Plus wasn't a product available. So at the time, when that was posted to Residential Broadband users, it was correct.

Doesn't apply to Broadband Plus, which is a new product only launched last week.
N/A

oh well.... :roll:
N/A

So will my line even get regraded?
N/A

If moving to Broadband Plus, no, not for free.

It will only be regraded at your request, which will incure both a charge for the regrade itself, and an increase in monthly cost as per the Broadband Plus package pricelist.
N/A

Bummer because I was told that it would by the Cs rep...Oh well such is life...

Thanks guys...
LiamM
Grafter

Perhaps someone from PN could pick this one up then and look into it for you to ensure that all CS agents are aware. If you asked them this after you had created your account, then there should be a note under the link:contact us section by the CS agent involved. Is there?
N/A

So I presume as a premier customer I shall be upgraded as per the literature when I signed up last month. So far all I have had is a fair usage policy implimentation notice and told that as a 512 customer I have a 30gig limit. This appears to contradict the 2meg line I signed up for.
Community Veteran

What account did you actually sign up for. If it was broadband home premier 512K then 30GB fair usage is the correct figure for your account. If you actually signed up for home premier 2Mbs then the info you were given is wrong and you will have a 75GB fair usage allowance.

You can check what product you are on by clicking Account details -> Account summary. If that is not what you signed up for hen you need to query it in a ticket.
N/A

So I presume as a premier customer I shall be upgraded as per the literature when I signed up last month. So far all I have had is a fair usage policy implimentation notice and told that as a 512 customer I have a 30gig limit. This appears to contradict the 2meg line I signed up for.

No I called first before I signed up so maybe I have a case of mis-selling here?