cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Plus Peak Time

N/A

Broadband Plus Peak Time

When do Plusnet consider to be peak time as far as a Plus package is concerned. At the moment I am working 2pm - 10pm and outside of those times my connection is lightning fast so whne is it likely to be throttled?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband Plus Peak Time

Peak time will vary.

Unlike the normal 9 - 5 working hours, where you can predict a peak traffic, the internet can vary from day to day, event to event.

One example would be tomorrow. There would be more people on the internet, looking at election information, than there would be on an average day. So the peak demand for the internet would increase.

Weekends are quite heavily used too, compared to weekdays.

So the peak times can change.

In adition to this, remember, peaks are also based on the type of traffic people are transfering.

If your just browsing websites, then don't expect to see peaks very often, if at all. Web and email are prioritised, whilst downloading things over P2P networks are lower priority.

So where a peak demand for websites happens (high priotiy), P2P may suffer (lower priority).
N/A

Broadband Plus Peak Time

Cheers for the info...Well unless I find my speed is struggling during the times I want to use it I can't see any point paying anything more for the service e.g Premier.
N/A

Broadband Plus Peak Time

If your speed starts to suffer, check it's not your local exchange that's under starin before upgrading the account. I currently have a 1Mb business prem account and during the day my speed tests vary aroun 128-400 kbps (and I'm the only one on my network...).