cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Plus Limitations?

N/A

Hi, Can you clarify for me please:

I am on Broadband Plus 2mb Package, which is £14.99 per month. (Thanks for the Upgrade PlusNet!)

Can you just confirm for me one way or the other if there are any download limitations on this price plan please?

Thanks!
9 REPLIES
N/A

There's never a mod around when you need one...for a move-post-to-appropriate-forum jobbie.
N/A

There's never a mod around when you need one...for a move-post-to-appropriate-forum jobbie.

Just FYI - I don't frequent Forums very often, because I have that most sacred of things in these modern times - a life. Therefore, I treat cynical replies with the same disdain as those who come round to my house at night selling double-glazing.

I am after some information. After I get it, if you want to delete/move/import/export/shove/recycle/play kick-the-can with this post, feel free.
N/A

I am not a mod, hence the desire to see your post move to the appropriate forum, which can only be achieved by a board moderator...

You could have found these for yourself, but in a spirit of constructive altruism, I've saved you the trouble.

Get a lot of broken windows, do we?
N/A

Thanks very much. Sorry, but when I visit forums, I just seem to get a lot of feeling like a 50 year old guy (which I am not, by the way Wink ) saying to a 14 year old 'So, what's a PSP then?' You know the way...

No hard feelings. Thanks again.
N/A

You're welcome. It's not pleasant reading, I'm afraid, but it depends on your outlook. £14.99 is awfully cheap, I know...
N/A

You could have found these for yourself, but in a spirit of constructive altruism, I've saved you the trouble.

Its worth pointing out that the traffic management page was changed three days ago, and its not the same one that you signed up to.
N/A

Re: Broadband Plus Limitations?

I am on Broadband Plus 2mb Package, which is £14.99 per month. (Thanks for the Upgrade PlusNet!)

Can you just confirm for me one way or the other if there are any download limitations on this price plan please?

There are no download limits as such on BB+, but if you download more than what PlusNet consider the product is designed for, you will find your connection getting slower and slower.

Tim
N/A

Re: Broadband Plus Limitations?

There are no download limits as such on BB+, but if you download more than what PlusNet consider the product is designed for, you will find your connection getting slower and slower.

It is worth pointing out that if you signed up over three days ago, this isn't what you signed up for.

Words to the effect of your account slowing down, where only added to the network traffic page three days ago.

If you signed up prior to that, your downloads should have been slightly (4-6%) slower at peak times only.
N/A

Thanks for the advice, I signed up over 2 years ago. I was originally on a 256kb connection, so I don't think that such slow-down will really be an issue for a long time, I am still getting over the novelty of a much faster connection!

Besides, I am not a heavy downloader in the slightest. I am just sick and tired of these AOL commercials advertising 'unlimited downloads'. Surely, this is nothing new! I just wanted to check that my connection was not subject to such limitations.