cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Move Issues...

N/A

Broadband Move Issues...

Hi,

Im currently waiting for Plus.net to move my broadband seeing as ive moved. It was scheduled that it would be turned off on the 6/12/06 but, according to the order tracker available in the connection settings part of My Account, my old line is still being cancelled...

Does this mean there is a problem? Its quite annoying seeing as i still have to pay £21.99 a month even tho i have no internet.

Ben
8 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband Move Issues...

Join the club.

I was meant to be connected on the 29th and they seem unable to get BT to come to my house to fix a fault despite it being blatantly obvious that there is nothing wrong with my line or equipment. BT advised me that they need to ask them for a broadband engineer to come out, which I asked for9 days ago and still they haven't arranged it
N/A

Broadband Move Issues...

Hi.

I am sure this is a really obvious question, but every time I move, the broadband world has moved on and the rules seem to have changed.

My simple question is this: do I have to wait until I'm happily ensconced in my new home before putting in a move request with Plusnet? I'm due to sign on the dotted line for a property tomorrow, and am scheduled to move on Monday, but I won't have my name on the BT bill of the new property until then. I obviously know the address and phone number for the new place, but I'm thinking that I probably have to wait until I'm in before I can request a broadband move.

Obviously, the problem with this is that the broadband switch over process is so painfully slow that I'm likely to not get any service until after Christmas, maybe even the new year if Plusnet all go off on their jollies, whilst I'm paying all the time.

Plus which, my account would bstill be connected at this end, even though I won't live here any more. Which, all in all, just doesn't strike me as satisfactory.

Is it 'just the way things are?'
N/A

Broadband Move Issues...

Last time I moved house, I had very short notice of the moving date. By the time I got around to requesting the move, I was already in the new house.

I requested the move, and it was completed within 7 days.

It helped that the previous occupants had had cable, so there was no issue with markers on the line etc.

All bills would have had sufficient time to be showing on the appropriate systems at each end too I guess.

Its the way that I would recommend, as theres little chance of failed orders dropping into a black hole.
Having said that though, PN recently said they were processing all house moves manually IIRC to avoid problems with failed orders etc.

I'll go prod one of the comms guys and see if they could drop into this board to clarify the situation.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Broadband Move Issues...

James,

The automated tool has been introduced again so these are no longer being done manually in most cases.

In order to place a standard provisioning order at the new address the line needs to be active and all the account holder details/postcode information etc needs to be fully populated in BT's databases. There should be no previous ADSL service on the line or any incompatible products like a dacs share or PBX.

If changing your number:-

A cease order is placed on old circuit (takes 7 days to complete) and a provide order is placed in parallel on the new circuit (also takes 7 days to complete). Assuming everything goes smoothly, the old line is decommissioned at around the same time the new one becomes active.

If keeping the same number:-

2 orders against the same number cannot coexist in BT's provisioning systems so this takes at least twice as long. A cease order is placed on the old circuit (takes 7 days to complete). Only once this is complete can the provisioning order be placed at the new address (takes a further 7 days). This brings the lead time to a minimum of 14 days with at least 7 days downtime. We can credit for the downtime on request once the house move is complete.

Simultaneous reprovides:-

There is a procedure whereby we can place an ADSL order to coincide with the installation or activation of a new line at your new house. In order to do this you need to obtain a simultaneous reprovide code off BT Retail. This then needs to be given to us providing at least 7-10 days notice before the new line becomes active. Whilst this procedure can save some time it is very prone to error and often end up taking longer than either of the two aforementioned methods.

@samuran, it looks like there was a problem with the details we had in the system for the new phone number. We have resubmitted the order that will be completed on the 19th.

@chesney72, An engineer appointment has now been booked for you. Sorry for the problems you have had. If you give me a shout once things are back up and running then I'll arrange a refund.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Broadband Move Issues...

Thanks for the kinda speedy response... sucks more tho... £50 odd quid for the house move and now its going to be another 7 days till I get broadband back....

sallyandjames I can only say your very lucky or sleeping with a PlusNet board member.... my situation was almost identical to yours, had already moved in then did the house move (moved in on the 10/11/06) yes i didnt apply for the move till a week or two later coz i had a lot to sort out (like getting a new phone line)

Ben
N/A

Broadband Move Issues...

Guess I'm lucky then, on two counts.

1. Never woken up next to a member of the PN Board. :lol:
2. Moved house around 18mths ago when they could manage to get stuff right.
N/A

Broadband Move Issues...

@chesney72, An engineer appointment has now been booked for you. Sorry for the problems you have had. If you give me a shout once things are back up and running then I'll arrange a refund.

Kind Regards,

Thnks Bob I'll let you know. I was begining to loose faith as I felt I was asking the same thing over and over which was getting a bit frustrating. Maybe I waffled on a bit in my responses and the team, who I imagine are very busy, just skim through it and generate a quick reply and missed my questions. That led to me feeling like I was talking to myself. But all seems to be in order now and fingers crossed BT man will find the fault.
N/A

Broadband Move Issues...

Had enough and am leaving.

Either Bob has been on holiday or like the rest of the help team only show a caring side on the public forum and do not respond to PM's. I asked Bob to chase up BT as the engineer never appeared and the help team didn't bother to look into it.

Eventually they said BT had came out but fixed a fault at my exchange instead of coming to my home where I had been waiting on them as I HAD AN APPOINTMENT with them. Seems odd that they didn't contact me to let me know not to WAIT IN ALL DAY.