cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband EasyStart Questions

N/A

Have some questions Which i hope some one and answear:

i have Broadband EasyStart 521k had it for like 8 months now, What i want to no has this product been capped so only allowed to use so much bandwith.

However when i sign up it did not not say anything about the amount of bandwith i can use or it is capped!!!! would be very annoyed if it has been done with out informing me :!:

Second question is !!

after the 4 months i have left with plusnet will i just be cut off or will it still be charging me £24.99 a month Huh or there another product i will have to sign up with WHICH is not capped on the bandwith and is still at 512kHuh

Chris
4 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Re: Broadband EasyStart Questions

Have some questions Which i hope some one and answear:

i have Broadband EasyStart 521k had it for like 8 months now, What i want to no has this product been capped so only allowed to use so much bandwith.

However when i sign up it did not not say anything about the amount of bandwith i can use or it is capped!!!! would be very annoyed if it has been done with out informing me :!:

Nope, you are still uncapped and will remain that way.
Second question is !!

after the 4 months i have left with plusnet will i just be cut off or will it still be charging me £24.99 a month Huh or there another product i will have to sign up with WHICH is not capped on the bandwith and is still at 512kHuh

You can continue to pay £24.99 a month, or you can move to the new Home Premier and pay £21.99 a month. There may be a charge for this though.
Community Veteran

1) easystart is unlimited bandwidth. Only the new broadband home accounts (excluding premier) are capped products. All the old and discontinued products remain unchanged in both price and bandwidth (i.e all unlimited).

2) you will not be cut off and will probably be moved to a monthly contract. You will still be paying 24.99 a month unless you decide to move to one of the newer products. In the past you could change from ADSL Easystart to ADSL Home 512k package for free (and for a reduction of monthly charge), but I don't know if that option is available since ADSL home was discontinued. You are best raising a contact us ticket on this one so they can explain what your options are.
N/A

thanks mate for ur quick reply Smiley

well after me 12months then my contract is over so therefore should not be any extra/hidden charges am i riteHuh
Community Veteran

I suggest you raise a contact us ticket and get PlusNet to explain what options you have both before your contract ends and after. It is possible to move to the new products before your annual contract finishes and pay the remaining 4 months for the activation/modem on top of the new product charges, but there may be additional costs in doing this. The part I cannot answer is if you can move to a ADSL product which has a cheaper monthly charge (like you could with ADSL Home). Only PlusNet can answer these questions properly.