cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Down

N/A

Broadband Down

I have been offline for one week now with little hope of reconnection in the near future. For some strange reason my connection has stopped working and I have done all the recommended tests to no avail.

I am frustrated at the poor assistance I have been given in resolving this issue.

Is there anyone out there that has had a similar problem?

I am running an imac G5 with a Voyager 105 modem

Thanks
25 REPLIES
N/A

Broadband Down

I too have had this exact same problem.
it was working fine up until Sat 13th May at which point it would no longer sync.
I've been through all the support options too and tried other hardware and filters that are working fine elsewhere.
Since the initial hardware was working fine up until saturday and no settings have changed (not to mention it works fine with a plusnet account at my inlaws) it is blatantly not a hardware problem on my part anyway.
Whats frustrating is that no response seems to be given to the support tickets now that I've done all of my testing..
They just seem to be sitting on it (3 days without a response)
Whats plusnet doing to follow this up?Huh
N/A

Broadband Down

Yes I have the exact same problem.

I'm disappointed with the service level of Plus Net. It has been a week now and the issue still has not been resolved.
N/A

Broadband Down

Yes I have the exact same problem.

I'm disappointed with the service level of Plus Net. It has been a week now and the issue still has not been resolved.
N/A

Broadband Down

They were aiming to have sensible replies to all outstanding tickets by the end of this week. I have to say I'm dissapointed that they haven't. Clearly things are not going as well as they hoped.
I can't think of any suggestion if you have tried every usual test/remedy, one can only assume that this has been rasied with BT for investigation, hence the lack of progress from PN - but if this is the case, somebody should still be keeping you informed.
Poor customer service - and there is no excuse for that these days.
N/A

Broadband Down

I have the same problem as well, and have desperately tried to get them to contact me with some answers, but they have not tried at all and then I found that the ticket was somehow waiting for me to respondHuh? I have a business account and would have expected an infinitely better service than this. I find it embarrassing as I have recommended Plusnet to other people!
N/A

Broadband Down

Yep, same problem here. New account setup with ADSL Max on 11th May. Worked ok till 15th May 3.30pm then stopped all of a sudden. Hasn't worked since. I've tried everything, I'm certain it's not my side. Both of my routers were synching fine before, now neither work.

Supposedly my ticket is with the fault guys since late on 17th May but no reply yet. Plusnet haven't even told me whether it's been forwarded to BT to not. I wonder if BT could put customers pack on "normal" ADSL. I'd rather wait 6 months till Max sorts itself out. I was wondering whether to go for the business teleworker package as I work from home quite a lot but I see even business accounts get put on Max which surprised me.

Regards,
Tim
N/A

Broadband Down

For everyone with no Synch it's probably an issue with the LLU move to Tiscali. Don't expect a fix anytime soon, I've been without net since Wednesday evening - what a nightmare this is. Plusnet will need to do some serious grovelling to keep me as a customer.
N/A

Broadband Down

My exchange is not LLU'd so it can't be the moving to the Tiscali LLU network problem for me.

Tim
N/A

Broadband Down

Me too. Don't know about the Tiscali/ LLU stuff, but do know about the abysmal quality of PN's "support" these days.
I've been without Broadband since 9am last Tuesday(16/5), and the new telephone "system" is hell. Appears to be designed to massage down the online waiting time statistics by denying access to queuing and instructing me to "go online" - duh! - or "call back later". Took til 7.45pm on Tuesday to get into the phone queue, and when I spoke to someone he didn't even raise a ticket, just told me to do the tests. Spent all day Weds until 7.30 trying to get through again, spent 15 minutes in the queue, got some test done which indicated fault was caused by PN systems. This was noted on ticket for escalation, and so it remains - four days and about 100 wasted phone calls later!! On Thursday I didn't manage to get through by phone til midnight, so I've given up trying.
That said, individual support staff have been friendly and tried to help, but it would appear they're understaffed and one can only presume PN senior management doesn't care a damn about customer support.
Migration is a real hastle, but after nearly 6 days with no Broadband (I'm writing this on dial-up), and no effective customer support, is there any real alternative??
It never used to be like this, or I'd have migrated long ago...

PS What is the Tiscali/ LLU issue?
essenby
Grafter

Broadband Down

Can I ask what type of hardware you all have? The reason I'm asking is that I have a Speedtouch modem that connects effortlessly following a speed upgrade. However, I can NOT get a new Linksys WAG54GS to see the ADSL connection at all. Linksys are suggesting that perhaps my equipment (presumably MAC Address) needs to be registerd with PlusNet before it can connect (Stilkl waiting for PlusNet to confirm/deny this.0

I just thought that if everyone with a problem was using router access and everyone without is not. then that might be a clue?
keithcalder
Grafter

Broadband Down

I have a similair problem, plusnet line checker showing a fail, ticket been open for 6 days, had the problem for 12, no reply to my ticket yet.

I think Plusnet may have gone "Green". By that I think they have a bunch of muppets answering customers and telling them to wait until the ticket is answered.

Problem is of course, THE TICKETS AREN'T GETTING ANSWERED IN A TIMELY MANNER"!!!!!!, hence customers are getting frustrated, and venting off steam in the forum.

Come on Plusnet, give us some answers!!!!!!, you aren't so casual about collecting the payments now are youHuh?? Evil
N/A

Broadband Down

My router is the Netgear DB834PN. I've also got access to one of those BT Voyager 2100ish routers that you get in the starter pack. Both were synching fine for 4 days and then suddenly neither would sync. The netgear router sync light doesn't flash at all but the BT voyager router sync light does keep flashing.

I got a reply from Plusnet yesterday. They even asked for me to check my hardware was powered on again. It's been on for the last 7 days with no broadband. I presume this a BT problem. Shame it will have taken a week to forward it to BT Sad

"
Analysis
Not in synch - suggest cct reset and line test.
Circuit Information
Circuit NOT In Sync
"
N/A

You want the anwer? Here is the one.

I have done a lot of research with a lot of help from other expert in the ADSLguide.org forum and found out what exactly going on.

You are moved to other network provider called "Tiscali" (infamous ISP ever) without being notified of this move. Plusnet announced this move and Q&A for this move.

http://usergroup.plus.net/faq_tiscalillu.php%3Cp%3E%3Chr%3E%3C/blockquote%3E

Just look at this Q&A and the first Q&A goes "If your connection is due to be moved to the Tiscali network then you will be notified beforehand.". Official comment from Plusnet. What happened was they didn't comply with what they said they would, they simply moved us to "Tiscali". After intense exchange of tickets with them and some outside and inside expert help, Plusnet admitted I am officially on the move to "Tiscali". Hence, this disconnection lasting , for me , 7th day. Also, see enraged Plusnet users in this forum including me.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=unhappiness&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=0

They also said in this Q&A on record that downtime for this is 2 hours or so. Had it been true to their words, most of us would have not noticed any change and would have not been complaining about this. However, this is our case and confirmed by Plusnet, you are in the same situation. The connection will not be back in 2 weeks or more on average. As you feel your anger at this stage, this is unheard of and Plusnet has kept us in the dark as long as possible in order to confuse us. In the end, the connection will be established with "Tiscali" network and some of them stop complaining about the disconnection and discontent. Do you know they are doing this deliverately? I certainly feel that way because they don't give me the straight answer. One official from Plusnet went on to say, I would help you and perhaps, he was disciplined by Plusnet. I lost his contact (See ADSLguide.org forum above).

Please visit BBC watchdog at

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=unhappiness&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=0

and post your problem with them. I have done it and it has to be done. They are taking advantage of ignorance of users and getting away with it. You can give them a brief description of the problem for the start. My one goes like this. Please spare your time and report to them . They would pick up our concern and address it to plusnet, then hopefully put it on the program.

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear  BBC Watchdog Producer

I am writing from my sore experience of Broadband provider called “Plus Net” (“PN” thereafter)(www.plus.net).

Brief description of the trouble

PN moves the customer to different network provider without any notice. This is a kid of out-sourcing of the business and it has been going on some time. However, when this takes place without notice to PN users, it causes loss of adsl connection for at least 2 weeks or more. Ofcom has already realized the situation and make this downtime as little as possible. Although PN has provided misleading Q&A section for this move to the PN users, the fact from this Q&A contradicts on the most important points. Namely, the downtime (disconnection period) and the way PN users are notified for the move. First of all, in terms of notice of move, PN users are expected to be notified before hand. That is what is says in Q&A section. The reality is no notice at all. It won’t be such a problem if there won’t be any disconnection of the internet. That leads me to the second point. Second of all, in terms of the down time, it says in the Q&A section that it will be 2 hours. However, from all the known sources say it takes about 2 weeks or more.

Internet with or without Broadband has become a part and a way of life. It is an essential part of daily routine, as a result, the broadband is spreading ever faster. In this sense, it is becoming like a telephone or electricity to our home. When it is cut off without any notice or proper process, it causes great deal of inconvenience. There are a lot of adsl forums like ADSL guide.org

Most of them are focused on ISP’s ability for the customer support and connection speed but this scale of disconnection (downtime) is unheard of. And this is no accident. This company planed it and it failed spectacularly and they are hiding the fact to the public by both not admitting and refusing to comment on it. This is a tip of iceberg. Underlying problem is far larger. PN is playing with the ignorance of users.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
N/A

Day 21 with no Broadband!

I am now on my 21st day with no broadband service with no indication from plusnet as to why this might be. I have tried everything they have suggested and thrown in a few of my own. I am now seriously annoyed to have another direct dabit payment taken when I am getting nothing in return.