cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Disconnection.

N/A

Broadband Disconnection.

I have changed my old cordless house phone for a pair of Siemens Duo cordless digital telephones.
But when i receive an outside call on these phones and answer it my broadband connection disconnects on the PC.
Filters etc are all set correctly.
Any suggestions as to why this happens.
It didn't happen with my old cordless telephone which wasn't digital.
4 REPLIES
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Broadband Disconnection.

Are you connecting wirelessly to broadband? If so either-

a) physically seperate the DECT cordless phones from your router as far as it is possible to do so

b) try changing the channel used by your router to transmit (try channels 2 and 11 to start with)
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Broadband Disconnection.

Have you tried replacing the filters with a better quality set? DECT phones can cause problems with poor quality filters.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

Broadband Disconnection.

In addition to what has already been suggested, I would try plugging your filter (try as different one too) directly into the test socket behind the faceplate on your master socket. Then plug your router and phone into the filter and see if you notice any difference.

The problems you are seeing are often symptomatic of poor filtering.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Broadband Disconnection.

Ooops, should have posted in here earlier Wink

Thanks for the message letting me know it's fixed mark, good to know you found the root of the issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team