cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank pages driving me mad

N/A

Please help as this is driving me insane. I can connect to the internet no problem. The thing is when i try to access a web page 9 times out of ten the page will appear for a couple of seconds then just totally dissappear and I'm left with a blank page. I've done a virus scan and nothing was found, I've put a firewall on and turned it off but the result is the same. I don't get dns errors just a blank page, although it says at the bottom of the page (done). Please help :twisted:
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

cant help you my self but those that can will need more info:

Browser used?
what urls?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

I use internet explorer 6, also no matter how many times I set my home page it always go back to a bloody search page called huge search. You asked whaT URLS TO BE HONEST THERES LOADS TO MANY TO MENTION. I run win xp corparate edition.
BoneMan
Grafter

Sounds like you've got some spyware or a nasty BHO Cry. These are not strictly viruses and your anti-virus software will not usually pick them up. If you can, have a look here http://www.spywareinfo.com/ for more information and/or detection and removal tools. If you are "infected" and once you've got rid of it, also have a look at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ for a free tool to run regularly to keep yourself free from this scumware.

Regards,

BoneMan
N/A

Did what you advised no spyware found, I couldn't even see the page on the 2nd link you gave me for more than a secongd then went blank again. This is really puzzling me. Any more advice. I've checked the modem on my other pc and its fine.
Ianwild
Grafter

You do have some spyware on there by the sounds of it. I have found Spybot - Search & Destroy to be the most effictive anti spyware - It is worth a try anyway!

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Thanks Ian that piece of software sorted it...thank god. Thanks again.