cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bittorrent recently

N/A

Bittorrent recently

What happened to Bittorrent speeds, just over a week ok it had been working really well (up to 170kps) during the daytime. Now for the last week I can't over 3kps..

I only use it between 9am-4pm weekdays
60 REPLIES
N/A

Bittorrent recently

Funny you should say that, I have had the same problem I think plusnet have found a way of strangling bittorrent. I have only recently started to use it and ever since I started it has reduced from the best I got of 50k down to 3 to 6k Also my connection speed seems to go down to unusable figures eg 76k Although my router shows connection speed of 7+Mb
What do you say PLUSNET a friend of mine has a 512k connection with adsl4less ALWAYS gets 100+k with bittorrent.
Admit it you are strangling our connections. !!!!
N/A

Bittorrent recently

Ditto. In the last few days, my torrent downloads have crawled - always under 8 kps with frequent disconnects. I'm on Premeir Option 1.

I'm not too hard to please - just a reliable connection at a decent speed for all protocols - but my patience is getting pretty thin now.
N/A

Bittorrent recently

Yes, my speeds on P2P seem to have dropped dramatically. Occassionally it spikes right up though, so something strange is going on... can someone from PlusNet please comment on this, otherwise it'll be logged as a fault.
N/A

Bittorrent recently

I'll comment, Migrate to BeThere.
N/A

Bittorrent recently

Not everyone can get them.
N/A

Bittorrent recently

I use bittorrent, not a heavy user, but recently speeds have been a joke. If they don't pick up, I'm off to a ISP that can give me decent p2p speeds.
N/A

Bittorrent recently

this is getting ridiculous i get 3kb/s max. im thinking of changing to AOL, and thats saying something
greg16
Grafter

Bittorrent recently

my torrent speeds have never been that great b4 hand but like urselfs a turtle can go faster than my downloads over the last couple of weeks
N/A

Bittorrent recently

i have no idea whats going on, one second my torrent is running at 50kb/s during peak time and the net is fine, which i don't really mind. but the next second sites take minutes to load and my torrent is running at 3kb/s.
N/A

Bittorrent recently

i have no idea whats going on, one second my torrent is running at 50kb/s during peak time and the net is fine, which i don't really mind. but the next second sites take minutes to load and my torrent is running at 3kb/s.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Re: Bittorrent recently

What happened to Bittorrent speeds, just over a week ok it had been working really well (up to 170kps) during the daytime. Now for the last week I can't over 3kps..

I only use it between 9am-4pm weekdays

You see if PN were strangling your connection I could understand it. You are what the rest of us could call a heavy user - 9-4 everyday in the main day hours etc taking a whopping 170k in traffic...

The rest of us however don't even get anything near 170k!!!

I consider myself lucky to get over 300BYTES - Yes BYTES not KB.

No offence, but why am I being strangled **** less when there are heavier users like yourself out there?

This doesn't seem fair does it.

Don't get me wrong, if you can get it and use it then take it! - I'm just miffed at the way PN are discriminating against people like me. Seems like they are randomly picking favourite customers.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

Bittorrent recently

I switched from BitComet (v63) to uTorrent 1.6.1 and its helped tremendously. No more disconnects and better download speeds.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Bittorrent recently

A lot of trackers have banned BitComet, uTorrent and Azureus are probably the clients of choice at the moment.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Bittorrent recently

Yes but they're certainly not the traffic of choice for PN are they dt?

I can't even get 300 ByTeS when using Azeurus yet as the thread starter above clearly states, you let him have 170K most days.

Care to explain why your throttling my cvonnection so heavily whilst allowing the heavy users to continue?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!