cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitcomet

N/A

Bitcomet

I have just got connection with the broadband by using plusnet. But I could not downloading by using bitcomet (the speed never exceeds 4kb/s). Is it not allowed to use bitcomet or other p2p download softwares? :roll:
11 REPLIES
N/A

Bitcomet

Plusnet are currently severely throttling P2P downloads amongst other traffic. Many people, myself included, are not receiving speeds even above that of a dial-up line.

An updated statement from Plusnet was supposed to be posted on the 17th and wasn't.
N/A

Bitcomet

Cheesy Same here m8, the majority of my downloads no matter where i get them from are terribly poor, the way i see it, you pay your bill, you download from wherever you want, but in PNS case i think they deliberatly cut your speed. Even downloading a 1.2gb file of b2142 demo from the trusted ea site was going to take me 46 hours!!!!! Evil . Cry , so much for up to 8mbs, thats why im cancelling my account if PN bother to reply to me that is, 14 hours ive been waiting Evil .
N/A

Bitcomet

Download azureus and then you can encrypt the torrent connection.
thorley37
Grafter

Bitcomet

how do you encrypt your torrents thanks
shellsong
Grafter

Bitcomet

Would encryption do you any good since they modded the Ellacoyas?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Bitcomet

We've had no torrent traffic either. Same using DC+ which has also been severely throttled.

We signed up with Plusnet because loads of other people said they were great - especially for P2P networks.

Turns out that they are useless. Do they really think people will use 4GB of http traffic?

We'd soon see a different story if VoIP worked on these P2P networks. Talking of which we've apparently made a lot of VoIP phone calls.... despite the fact I've never even signed up for a VoIP account with any service provider.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

Bitcomet

I've had mixed performance on torrents. Certainly forget it in the day (peak usage) my speeds are barely above 0 kb/s so I leave it till overnight when I regularly get 350MB files down in 7 hours, best ever is 3 hours (must have been a following wind). I'm on Broadband Plus and use BitComet 0.70 P2P could certainly be better, PN tell me that if I upgrade to Premier they won't throttle me so much. :x
N/A

Bitcomet

Complaining of being throttled to 350kb/s, you lucky so and so.
I can't ever go that fast now I've dropped to a 2.5 BRAS. Sad
N/A

Bitcomet

We signed up with Plusnet because loads of other people said they were great - especially for P2P networks.

Who on earth said that? PN have been useless for P2P for quite a while now, with no sign of things inproving. I have access to a different ADSL provider at work (standard account, nothing fancy), and the difference in P2P is like night and day.

PN tell me that if I upgrade to Premier they won't throttle me so much. :x

Don't believe them as they're lying to you (again). I'm on BB premier and my P2P traffic is throttled to the point of being worthless. What I want to know is why, with the SUP policy in place, do PN feel that they have to throttle speeds to the extent that they do. Probably due to the fact that they consistently fail to invest in sufficient bandwidth for their customer base, preferring to milk us for all they can rather than providing the service we have paid for.
N/A

Bitcomet

PlusNet p2p is heavily throttled on all accounts.
In theory a Premier account should give you unthrottled p2p between 1 am and 3 pm, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

The main problem is lack of bandwidth. Ex-PlusNet people move to other ISPs and they buy another segment or another central. PlusNet won't buy extra capacity, so the choice is to wait until the customer base becomes small enough for the present capacity to cope with, wait for a take-over and hope it gives better ADSL, or get your MAC code.

I hardly ever use p2p, and I maybe only still with PlusNet because my Linux box went belly-up so I don't need to download daily updates with external ftp now. When I replace my motherboard or buy a replacement Linux box, then I'll see how bad the contention is. Of course most BT exchanges are on red now as well, probably because BT don't have the capacity for Max connections.
N/A

Bitcomet

yes i have bitcomet download speed 1kb/s Ftp not working ;( download speed from internet 20kB/s ;(