cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone auto-launches on boot up - how do I stop it?

canary2211
Grafter

Whenever I boot my PC (W9Cool the dail up networking window launches and freezes rest of the start up, unless I click on cancell about 50 times! Sad

I have the same Binatone/USB problems as elsewhere on this board and will soon get a power USB or router etc etc. I also have to complete boot-up, then unplug and plug in the modem to get it to synch. Signal speed etc is gresat and no drops outs etc Cheesy

Is this start up problem to do with the USB power probelms? Or Windows? Or what? If I look at the modem device (in My Computers/DUN/Properties/Configure) or if I try to configure the modem I get a "Modem is not installed properly" I have installed in dozens of time! :?

Any thoughts most welcome! Thanks!
6 REPLIES
N/A

It sounds like those Binatone drivers,
your USB drivers or an IRQ issue rather than a power issue, if your saying that once you can get it going it works fine
with no diconnections.
Run through the fixes on USBMan website
and see if anything there helps.
Alec
holdtight
Grafter

just a thought but are you running any norton software,?
N/A

Sounds like spyware to me. Download and run Adaware 6 (freeware). N\B This will stop P2P networks e.g. KMD from working, but may solve your problem.
canary2211
Grafter

Yes Iam running Norton Internet Security 2004 (firewall, personal security, virus etc)

Already have Adware but will run it again - thanks.

And will try the other suggestions.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Also check your startup items to see if anything is trying to connect to Internet on boot up, such as your anti-virus software, Windows Update, or something else you have installed.
canary2211
Grafter

Fixed I think!

This seems to have fixed it - especially making use of the USBweb page - very helpful thanks. Not only did it stop the DUN running on launch, but also the Synch seems better (the real test of that will be tomorrow - it seems to cool off over night!)

But I did other things as well so I can't be sure which fixed it - so thanks to all! Cheesy Cheesy