cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone New Drivers Available 3rd Sept 2004 - or are they?

pcorker
Grafter

... on http://www.binatonebroadband.com/downloads/

Just letting folk know. It's a quaint little site - the latest News page is still about Christmas - Christmas 2002, that is!
The drivers are dated 3rd Sept 2004.
The adsl 500 ones appear to be in a zipped folder from off a CD. I ran with setup.exe and crashed. I then uninstalled the original Binatone interface in Add/remove, closed the connection, unplugged the modem lead, checked that my dialup was set to never connect and put
http://192.166.1.2
in the trusted sites zone on low security ( yes, a bit paranoid!) and tried again. Success! But I could not connect to plusnet! Panic! Then realised that typing my dsl username into the password box was not very clever. OK when I got that right. No obvious difference seen. Not too surprising as when I looked at my original CD I saw that the all the "new" files had the same date as my old ones (March 2004 3 lights modem)!
2 REPLIES
pcorker
Grafter

The 'A' and 'B' revisions refer to the serial numbers of the modems they are
to be used with there is no update yet for the BB range of modems, we are
looking at the possibility of an update for XPSP2

Paul Chapman

Binatone Broadband

Reply to my email to Binatone
N/A

Can't install Binatone ADSL 500 in my new XP SP2

I've been using the Binatone ADSL 500 modem with Win98SE for 10 months with no problems installing or using.

I've just bought and installed XP SP2 - now I can't get the Binatone ADSL 500 modem drivers to install! Cry

The installation gets to the second phase "Installing" dialog - the progress bar proceeds unusually slowly (for several minutes) only to report that there is an error installing and promptly undoes the installation and advises to reboot the PC. Note: the Windows XP "Found new hardware" window pops up during installation, which I ignor as per the istallation guide's instructions.

I've gone around this loop several times now with no success.

Can anyone help (please).

Mark H.