cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone Modems?

N/A

Binatone Modems?

Hi all,

I'm soon to be on BB again .....looking through the threads I see the modems supplied by Plusnet to be causing problems. Is it for all users and a bad supply? Or just certain OS'es?

I still have my modem from my previous ISP, maybe I should use it. What do you all think?

Best wishes
Cass aka witty Smiley
42 REPLIES
N/A

Binatone Modems?

Would you buy a Binatone TV or phone? that should answer your question.
Community Veteran

Binatone Modems?

Hey, some Binatone non-phone stuff is good... I have the Binatone ADSL2000 (a better model than the one that comes from PlusNet) and I'm very pleased with it!

Thomas
N/A

Binatone Modems?

Pleased your happy Kuglin, hope the honeymoon lasts, my experience with Binatone is not a pleasant memory.
N/A

Binatone Modems?

Shocked LOL Shocked

Point taken Reset!

Wink witty
keithcalder
Grafter

Binatone Modems?

One of my freinds recently signed up to plus and he got one of them Binatone jobbies, and I must admit, its not so good as my dynamode one. I have seen it drop connections, something that my one never does. I have another freind just signed up with plus as well, I hope he doesnt get a Binatone.
nickthesurfer
Grafter

Binatone

Have posted a similar message all over the place. The Binaton 500 that I got with my start-up package is pants :x Drops packets all over the place & I couldn't even browse with it (will connect but nothing else). Have bought/borrowed a Binatone 2000 in the meantime & it is working a treat. I Guess you get what you pay for but I was hoping that PlusNet were going to send me a working modem. I don't want to have to fork out £50+ on a decent modem - Binatone or not!

Nick :roll:
N/A

Binatone Modems?

The turth is that quality modems are above this price.
nickthesurfer
Grafter

Too true!

I know that but didn't want to be seen to be exaggerating! I thought £50+ was a good ball-park figure to mention Cheesy

Nick :roll:
N/A

Binatone Modems?

Hi All,

Thanks for the response.

Acarr, are you implying by your statement as a Forum Moderator that Plusnet are supplying duff equipment or equipment not up to scratch for the job?

I've still got my old modem, and have had no problems with it, so will use that instead.

I must say, having come from the ISP from hell, its wonderful to have excellent Customer Service and quick response times. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Smiley
cass aka witty
N/A

Binatone Modems?

No, it was in relation to the post before mine

I Guess you get what you pay for but I was hoping that PlusNet were going to send me a working modem. I don't want to have to fork out £50+ on a decent modem - Binatone or not!

While it is possible to obtain a quality modem below this price, I wouldn't expect very many what so ever.

From what I have ever seen, quality modem all start well above this.
N/A

Binatone Modems?

Acarr,

LOL I know, was just doing a wind up job Wink

Having had to go back to dialup, I'm very happy with the service I'm getting from Plusnet. Can't wait for my activation date for BB. Smiley

Cass aka witty
N/A

Binatone Modems?

While it is possible to obtain a quality modem below this price, I wouldn't expect very many what so ever.

From what I have ever seen, quality modem all start well above this.

Aren't those two statements contradictory? If there are some below that price, then they can't "all start well above this". Wink

How do you rate the SpeedTouch 330? Less than £50 inc VAT and two microfilters from DSLSource.
willow147
Grafter

Binatone Modems?

or even the SpeedTouch 330 for £39.99 inclusive of VAT and P&P (and 2 filters) from http://adsl.looseconnection.com.
N/A

Binatone Modems?

or even the SpeedTouch 330 for £39.99 inclusive of VAT and P&P (and 2 filters) from http://adsl.looseconnection.com.

Yes, even better.

But is it a quality modem? We still haven't heard! Wink