Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone Modem Will Not Sync!!

Griffo
Grafter

Hi all,

Got my starter pack today and had confirmation that the line is ready to rock. But when I connect everything up, the modem will not sync! I've been on the phone to PN who were great in trying to help me. But I've tried everything!

Moving the modem to the main socket, eliminating extension leads, using and old modem lead direct into the socket, But it doesn't want to sync! Reckon it's worth getting PN to get BT on the case, or have I missed somehting?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you can't get a sync then either the modem is faulty (a possibility) or there is a BT line fault - i.e. you were not actually activated properly.

Any chance you have a mate you can borrow another ADSL modem from?

Have plusnet tried a woosh test on your line yet? If not, that is the next thing for them to try. If that works, it needs to be passed on toBT faults.
Griffo
Grafter

I have submitted a support ticket asking if they will carry this out for me. What results should I expect from it?
Community Veteran

It performs several line tests so hopefully one of them will fail and the problem will be passed to BT for fixing.
Griffo
Grafter

Do I need the PC & modem to be on when this happens? Or is it something they just do on the line?
N/A

You, my friend, have been 'PlusNeted'.

Same thing has happened to me on Friday (17th) and it turns out that BT have not actually provisioned the line....

+net have jumped the gun a bit activating the account and sending me email saying that everything is ready for me to go when BT have not actually provisioned ADSL on the phone line. This means that your modem will not train (sync).

Check the ADSL order status yourself (or insist that they do rather than asuming the line has been activated).
Do try a 2nd modem if you have one.

As for support, they told me that these problems are always caused by user error or customer wiring faults!!!!!
He just refused to check the BT order despite my insistance.
But now I have discovered how to do it myself and it is the fact that the BT order has not been completed.
And they have acknowledged it, but only after I went out and bought a second modem on his advice!! Grrrrrrrr..