cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone Connections to \\192.168.1.2

N/A

I am trying to do a windows update on a friends xp sp1 machine using my adsl connection. I've done it b4 on another xp machine with no problems. I've followed the broadband install procedure to the letter i.e install binatone adsl 500 drivers then plug in modem. Then setup IE to only dial whenever a network connection is not present and ensured nothing activated in LAN settings. When it's finished I try to run the Binatone ADSL500 USB Modem login on : \\192.168.1.2 but it just tries to connect to the net using the old dial settings. Do I need to delete the dialup settings first? do I need to setup anything else. When I installed the modem on my pc it connected to this modem page first time with no problems . Help!
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Start IE, select tools -> internet options click on the connections tab to see what connection options exist. If the binatone is listed, make it the default conection. If only the dialup modem connection exists, select never dial my default connection.

See if that helps.

Don't forget to put it back when you remove the ADSL software.
N/A

still no joy. I think the machine has had various versions of windows on it which does not help. Thanks for your help though