cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone ADSL2100 router

N/A

Binatone ADSL2100 router

I just recieved my router pack fprm plusnet. I was expecting a Solwise but got a Binatone!
Anyway, set up as instructed but cannot access the web interface to configure it. Tried to ping it (using the address given in instructions 192.168.1.2) but host unreachable.
Have I been sent a duff router or has it possibly been configured with a different IP?
How can I check it's IP?
BTW, I have 2 machines connected throught this 4 port router and they can "talk" fine.
I just don't seem to be able to "talk" to the router.
Please help - I'm still waiting for the support line to get back to me and getting frustrated...
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Binatone ADSL2100 router

its probably the same as the Origo just rebadged if I remember right so the router IP is 10.0.0.2, if it is use the following

http://10.0.0.2 in IE then click advanced
or
http://10.0.0.2/doc/advance.htm in Opera/Mozilla etc
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Binatone ADSL2100 router

I tried that already.
Does not work either.
BTW, my NIC is getting a DHCP assigned IP of 169.254.0.94 by the router.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Binatone ADSL2100 router

I tried that already.
Does not work either.
BTW, my NIC is getting a DHCP assigned IP of 169.254.0.94 by the router.

Then what ever IP the nic is pointed at isnt the routers or DCHP isnt enabled, 169.254 is a IP given when something is wrong with the settings.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Binatone ADSL2100 router

Does the Binatone router support UPnP? -- the 169.254.0.94 address is in the range used by UPnP.

According to the UPnP standard, if a device cannot find a DHCP server from which to obtain configuration parameters, it will configure itself automatically using an address in network 169.254.0.0/16. Have your networks cards received their addresses by DHCP, or by auto IP address assignment? (Does ipconfig /all show an "autoconfiguration IP address"?) See http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/w2knoaip.htm

If the router's DHCP server is not operating, you could try manually setting the parameters on your PCs. Assuming the router is 192.168.1.2, then try setting 192.168.1.3, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.2 and DNS servers 192.168.1.2, 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50 on your first PC, and see if that works. If it does, the second PC could be set to the same values except for the IP address itself, which could be 192.168.1.4.

If it doesn't work, does the router have instructions for resetting it to factory defaults?
N/A

Binatone ADSL2100 router

Ah... yes it was an "autoconfiguration IP address".
I disabled it. No address gets assigned so DHCP is not working.
I had already tried setting IP manually. Tried again anyway - still not working.
There is a reset button on the router - tried this as well.
Still not working.
N/A

Binatone ADSL2100 router

The Force9 Installation Guide (an MS "doc" format document) for the Binatone 2100 router definitely gives its initial address as 192.168.1.2, and says you should set your PCs to get their addresses automatically. Clearly, the router's DHCP server is supposed to be switched on by default.

If you've tried setting a compatible address (eg 192.168.1.3) on your PC, have reset the router, rebooted everything and all that fancy stuff(!), then I think you've done what can reasonably be expected, and it's time to get on to Customer Support, either with a phone call, or through Contact us.

Very disappointing for you!
N/A

Binatone ADSL2100 router

I already posted a message on the "contact us" before posting on this forum.
I have so far had poor response - one line answers suggesting 'simple' things that I had already tried.
I have got a wealth more help from this forum - thanks taskforce9 and others who responded, you have been a very big help.
Looks like I'll have to be sending this router back!