cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone ADSL Router - My Opinion

Community Veteran

BInatone isn't exactly a company you first think of for modems, nor is the only shop I've seen it at: Argos. However, after looking around my local independent computer store and my local PC World, I decided (mainly on price) to get this Binatone modem from Argos. And I have to say, I'm very pleased with it. It's very fast, works great over ethernet (I haven't tried it as a USB modem), and has plenty of configuration options to keep you going. Now, I know that what I've just said is nothing special, but I thought it'd be worth pointing out because as I say, it's a modem not many will have heard of, from a shop not many people probably would use to buy a modem. Furthermore, it's about £20 cheaper that PC World's cheapest router.

Anyway, the router in question is the BinatoneBroadband ADSL2000, and can be found in Argos here. If you have any questions about it, post and I may be able to help, but bear in mind that I'm unexperienced with routers. Smiley

(Oh and I'm not affiliated with either Binatone or Argos. I'm just pleased with my purchase!)

Thomas
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Glad to hear you are happy Thomas, but,

Ebuyer sell a 4 port router for alot cheaper than this (although it is of course coupled with EBuyer's buyer beware policy.

lol.

Chris
Community Veteran

Hmm... I've heard bad things about eBuyer, both here and at other websites. Still, seeing as I was having a problem with my old modem, buying one off the internet wouldn't have been too easy, would it? (That's why I got the router: my old PCI modem wasn't working properly.) Wink

Thomas

Edit: Just had a look at www.reviewcentre.com for some reviews of eBuyer... their average rating is 2.7 out fo 10! :shock:
Community Veteran

Point taken.

I have an array of EBuyer horror stories myself Smiley
But I know someone who works there now so I have a point of contact if / when they upset me again :p

Chris
N/A

Shopped around myself, found this adsl router to be very good Cheesy , doddle to set up once you realise how. As to Ebuyer, after a bad time with them I will now not buy anything that I am not certain to work, so taking there router was a no no, if a product doesnt work there returns policy is s**t, even more worse is I had to fart around with carriers when they are just about on my doorstep and for customer service they are very arrogant Cry .
N/A

is this router uPnP, i need to know within like 8 mins, as im off to go buy a router/modem but i dont know which 1. argos is aonly round the corner too.
N/A

i stillneed to know as they didnt have any in stock so im going after work now to a differet one, i need a modem/router that is uPnP and ethernet interface. any recomendations, i have 250 quid to spend Cheesy
N/A

Purchase one online from solwise.

You should get it tomorrow.

I only say this, because if you are in that much of a rush, and you are asking, then you havn't done your homework.

So far, allmost all cases of rush purchases have resulted in people not being pleased.
N/A

actually ive bin doin my homework, i just couldnt decide, and im nto really in a rush as such, its just i have the money now and i dont want to spend it and not have enough for the modem, so ide rather egt it now while i have the money.