cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone ADSL 2100

N/A

Binatone ADSL 2100

Since signing up for Plusnet braodband I have been unable to use the self
start router pack. Is anybody else having this problem?

Initailly I was sent a Binatone ADSL 2100 and it did not work. No DSL light.
After many telephone calls to Plusnet they eventually agreed to accept return of the unit. They then sent mre a single port router and agreed to exchange it , they then sent be another Binatone ADSL 2100 router which again did not work.
I am now negotiating a full refund.

The binatone support site does not appear to be up to date or offer any useful support.

After a month of trying to get working hardware ,I am extremely upset with this and I am now awaiting the final RMA from Plusnet
4 REPLIES
N/A

Binatone ADSL 2100

Based on the fact you say the two units do not work, I am inclined to asked if you have checked your wireing and filter setup.

Most if not all problems relate to this and borken filters.
N/A

Binatone ADSL 2100

Unfortunately it is not the wireing or filters, I have borrowed another router and this works fine.
N/A

Binatone ADSL 2100

I'm having the same problems.

Firstly the router didn't actually arrive, after chasing it up, it arrived but only after my ADSL account had been switched on. I couldn't get it to work, after a few separate calls (getting widely varying advice and suggestions), I was told to send it back a faulty and thus given an RMA number to do so. The problem being that some router have the incorrect IP address installed into them.

Second router duly arrived, had the same problems, made more calls (even greater variety of suggestions, including phone Binatone as its their fault). Finally Plusnet support decided its the IP address again. I was instructed to send it back as before.

This is where things have really fallen apart. I sent the unit back, 'as before'. But overnight they changed their minds and requested it sent to a diffent group. This I discovered in the 'contact us' update on my phone call on the previous evening. Unfortunately the router was already back in the post. I tried to get customer support to retrieve the router from its destination and transfer it to its new destination. The response was I shouldn't have sent it to the wrong place, it would be returned to me instead and I would have to repost it. I was also reprimanded for using the first RMA number as apparently this only covers the first unit. I have never been given a new RMA for the second router.

As it stands I am waiting for the second router to get back to me, and I have not yet been able to get a definitive address and RMA number to send it back again.

I have also tried phoning customer support to sort out this mess. When I asked to speak to a team leader or supervisor I was told they didn't exist. So I asked who their immediate boss was and the answer was Lee Strafford but I couldn't speak to him as 'he isn't customer-facing'. After some digging on the net , I find that Lee Strafford is the managing director of the company. I find it hard to believe that the customer support have no line management, so I can only assume I was lied to. I was also told that you cannot complain by phone but only in writing. Thus I complained in writing, asked for someone to sort the mess out and its been ignored.
N/A

Binatone ADSL 2100

Plusnet eventually agreed to a refund after the third router sent to me did not work.

They have promised to refund postage for the returns, after I have written separately with receipts enclosed.

So far though, they have refused to refund the initial P&P. I am requestiung a refund because they never actually sent me anything of merchantable quality