Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone 500

holdtight
Grafter

Binatone 500

Hi
Im using the binatone adsl 500 which came from plusnet, since installation ive been getting system freezes only online, through all my testing ive noticed that the modem is grabbing all of the 500mA of power (possibly trying to get more i cant tell) supplied to the USB port as this is the first ADSL modem ive had can anyone tell me if this is just the nature of this modem or is something wrong, ive tried using a powered hub, makes no difference. Ive put tickets into +net but just seem to be going in circles,
2 REPLIES
N/A

Binatone 500

Due to the nature of USB, 500ma is not allways enough for some devices, these can include self powered amplified speeker, self power scanners, modems and many other devices designed to give high output.

ADSL modems are famous for high power drain, and major issue where seen throughout 2001 when the VIA KT133 chipset was sitting on most AMD motherboards.

VIA since has been found to have general issues alltogether with the suppy of power to USB products, though not as bad as with the KT133.

A quality power supply and a powered USB hub can be required in some cases.
holdtight
Grafter

Binatone 500

Thanks for your advice, this helps me a lot in my search for a solution.