cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone 500 adsl modem

N/A

Binatone 500 adsl modem

Once i open my ADSL connection through the biantone 500 modem i get a lovely quick internet connection which i'm very happy with. However, When I try to close the connection. everything freezes. I've used right click on system tray and 'close connection'. I've tried closing the connection in control panel and i've tried using the 'safely remove hardware' option. Nothing seems to work. If I then close down, the PC hangs on the 'saving settings' screen. And I have to switch off the power.

If I don't open the adsl connection, I can close down fine.

I can't find an updated driver for the modem (Binatone just have pictures of food processors on their website) and I can't find anyone with a similar problem on the forum.

I am using Windows XP Home.

Thanks

JB
12 REPLIES
N/A

Binatone 500 adsl modem

There is a ftp site for the modem

ftp://customer:binatone@80.176.199.241

What everyone wants to know is how yours works and no else does. There are a few threads running were no one can get them to conect.

Do you have any antivirus running if so what. Can you do start then run type cmd and then in the window do ipconfig/all and let us have a copy as we are still trying to get our going.

I assume you have the version that puts a network card on and not the old dial up(like a 56k modem)?
pcorker
Grafter

Binatone 500 adsl modem

JB
When I click disconnect on the login status page, after about 30 seconds it does disconnect. The page often seems slow to refresh after I make a change. It's not just a question of waiting is it?
Pat.
pcorker
Grafter

Binatone 500 adsl modem

JB
When I click disconnect on the login status page, after about 30 seconds it does disconnect. The page often seems slow to refresh after I make a change. It's not just a question of waiting is it?
Pat.
N/A

Binatone 500 adsl modem

Try using ctrl+alt+del and disconnect there.
pcorker
Grafter

Binatone 500 adsl modem

JB
Is that the older 2 lights modem or newer 3 lights modem?
Pat.
pcorker
Grafter

Binatone 500 adsl modem

mwright
My IP stuff is here:
http://www.pcorker.plus.com/winipcfg.gif
But it's Win98SE
and I blanked my details
Pat
N/A

Binatone 500 adsl modem

hi folks
well i downloaded something from windows update and today i tried to connect my binatone modem with windows 98. although it said some files could not be found I continued the process to finish and rebooted machine. When I double clicked on binatone modem to my surprise the page loaded and I was able to put in all my details. Then it told me I am connected and I have been happily connected now and just worked out why my emails were not coming through. so confusing with user name and my own email address. Happy to say emails now arriving. I sent out and they went but I kept getting login error on my incredimail but all working now.
I have also been able to use my telephone while online. Brilliant.
Smiley Sals
N/A

Re: Binatone 500 adsl modem

I can't find an updated driver for the modem (Binatone just have pictures of food processors on their website)...

That site is for kitchen utensils. Smiley

The site that Binatone modem customers need is http://www.binatonebroadband.com
Community Veteran

Binatone 500 adsl modem

Err, no that site contains no drivers for the ADSL 500.

Use the folloowing ftp link - although it has been dead for a few days now so you can't actually connect as the moment. - might be too many people trying to access it to fix their problems :roll:

ftp://customer:binatone@80.176.199.241 It's not a binatone site but an account off demon.co.uk so it may have been taken down due to high bandwidth usage. No idea of an alternative place for drivers.
N/A

Binatone 500 adsl modem

Err, no that site contains no drivers for the ADSL 500.

Sorry Shockedops: I just posted that URL because it was more appropriate than the food related site! When I first looked for the Binatone site I was completely thrown by the kitchen products Smiley
N/A

Binatone 500 adsl modem

Sorry I just posted that URL because it was more appropriate than the food related site! When I first looked for the Binatone site I was completely thrown by the kitchen products

shut up and get the dinner on i starving
N/A

Binatone 500 adsl modem

Shows how wrong you can be! The food processor instructions will probably work better!