cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billion Router/Modem Setup

hektorshouse
Grafter

Can anyone please list the config details for a Billion Router Modem. I have major problems at home and have had to reset this unit to factory settings and now cannot get a connnection. I need to confirm the settings I have in place, before I order a new router/modem.

The thing was working last night and then stopped. I could ping the router but nothing outside or run a traceroute to the outside world.

Info apprecated.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

http://www.billion.com/communication/communication.html

As no model number given, can't really help any further.
N/A

It will be the DSL connection settings that you are lacking after a factory reset., which will be your Username and signup password. Maybe other settings such as PPPoA, VCI = 38, VPI=0, your IP address if required.... All these details should be on your signup email . You did keep it didn't you !!!
hektorshouse
Grafter

Yes I kept it.......I managed to configure everything from memory but it still wouldn't work hence the email. Turns out the IP that was detected was far different from the one I should be using. I entered this in and it works.

What I found confusing was I could ping the router but not beyond, but when checking the router logs I had an internet connection....hence the panic.

Thanks All anyway....its back up. Cheesy
N/A

Only a static IP address is allowed with PlusNet, or did you mean your internal network address IP. If the later, the router should be set as DHCP server and the PC's as automatic, then the router will assign an IP address to each PC as they are turned on.