cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billion Bipac7402VGL

N/A

Billion Bipac7402VGL

I've been having real problems with this router since replacing my netgear router. The new router has more settings on it for a start off, some of which I have no idea about.

I am having to reset the router using the on/off switch every morning because if I don't then I cannot communicate with the router and the gateway. If I ping I get no reply. Once the router is reset it will work ok until the following morning. Can anybody help with this.

Possible causes could be the lease times for DHCP and idle timeouts for the WAN.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Billion Bipac7402VGL

Hi beefeater,

Can you post a few more details of the made and model of the router. I'll have a look on google and see if I can help.

Does it not have an automatic setup function?
N/A

Billion Bipac7402VGL

Its as stated in previous posting Billion BiPac 7402VGL. There is a quick setup feature but this only sets up basic settings. I have used the manual to set longer times on DHCP etc but there is no infinite setting for these times.

I have contacted Billion UK support and they have been as much help as a chocolate teapot and have not replied to my emails to their support dept (they have no UK support phone number). My supplier has only offered some support with limited success(the lengthening of the DHCP lease time period). It just means that the router shuts down a bit later.
N/A

Billion Bipac7402VGL

Why do you want to increase the DCHP lease times? they don't need to be infinate, infact you don't want them to be.
N/A

Billion Bipac7402VGL

He wants to increase the DHCP lease times to make it so that he does no have to reset the router every day.

I had a similar problem to this using a billion711CE (actually a origo SAMR flashed with the billion firmare) Anyway to cut a long story short increasing the lease times didn't help much at all. However if i set the ips up manually, I would tend to stay connected for longer, although not over a week.

i eventually remedied it completely by flashing the router with a different firmware. I no longer have to manually set the ips.

So in summary, use the ips that the router would have assigned if DHCP was on. disable DHCP and manually add the ip, subnet mask, gateway and DNS for each computer. Do the same in windows connection properties>>advanced page.

good luck
N/A

Billion Bipac7402VGL

Thanks for the info I'll try it.