cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Speed Increase

N/A

Big Speed Increase

Is it just my connection or has the ADSL service speded up over the last 10 minutes or so. Pages are loading extremely quickly and download is very good as well.

Melodytune
14 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Big Speed Increase

> Is it just my connection or has the ADSL service speded up over the last 10 minutes or so. Pages are loading extremely quickly and download is very good as well.
>
> Melodytune
>

Yep - mine just got twice as quick - 480 download and 280 upload!
N/A

I wish

Downstream 378 Kbps (47.3 KB/sec) 434 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 31 Kbps (3.9 KB/sec) 35 Kbps (inc. overheads)

N/A

> I wish
>
> Downstream 378 Kbps (47.3 KB/sec) 434 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 31 Kbps (3.9 KB/sec) 35 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
>
>
hi , how do you guys measure these speeds? is it a program 0r a website service?, thanks
N/A

> >
> hi , how do you guys measure these speeds? is it a program 0r a website service?, thanks
>

go to fairadsl.org.uk and carry out a spees test!!
N/A

> Is it just my connection or has the ADSL service speded up over the last 10 minutes or so. Pages are loading extremely quickly and download is very good as well.
>
> Melodytune
>

The speed thingy is much better today!

Downstream 470 Kbps (58.8 KB/sec) 540 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 245 Kbps (30.6 KB/sec) 281 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Can't help thinking that someone might have blasted the UK hubs with a mammoth DoS attack or something.

For speed tests have a gander at www.adslguide.org.uk. Also see http://www.internettrafficreport.com/main.htm.. indicated worldwide speeds are very high after being down for two weeks!!

Hey-ho......... Smiley
N/A

hey, is it because it's early in the morning that i'm getting these speeds...

Downstream 463 Kbps (57.9 KB/sec) 532 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 241 Kbps (30.1 KB/sec) 277 Kbps (inc. overheads)

...instead of the ususal 6kb/s Huh

i want these speeds all day but will PlusNet allow that to happen??!! Shocked(
N/A

My God me tooooooo..!

Downstream 472 Kbps (59.0 KB/sec) 542 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 245 Kbps (30.6 KB/sec) 281 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Bleddy brilliant.
N/A

your lucky , just look at my mind boggling speed

Downstream 54 Kbps (6.8 KB/sec) 62 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 37 Kbps (4.6 KB/sec) 42 Kbps (inc.
overheads)

:-( :-( :-(

>

N/A

Judy, if your machine was on over the weekend and has not been re-booted, it may not be picking up the changes made by plusnet (which also affect your local BT exchange).

Try shutting down, leaving the computer off for 30 mins, then re-starting

regards

Roy

> your lucky , just look at my mind boggling speed
>
> Downstream 54 Kbps (6.8 KB/sec) 62 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 37 Kbps (4.6 KB/sec) 42 Kbps (inc.
> overheads)
>
> :-( :-( :-(
>
>
> >
>
>

N/A

thanks, but i have rebooted a number of times and the machine switched off for hours on end.

And the transfer speeds used to be fine. Nothing i have done to change anything.

same speeds on my dual boot 98se/ xp system , thanks anyway.
N/A

> thanks, but i have rebooted a number of times and the machine switched off for hours on end.
>
> And the transfer speeds used to be fine. Nothing i have done to change anything.
>
> same speeds on my dual boot 98se/ xp system , thanks anyway.

Judy,

If you are using an ADSL Router, you need to leave that switched off for at least 30 minutes. I would also recommend setting your MTU to 1458, and visiting http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks to check your other settings are at their optimum values.

Tim
N/A

Thanks again for your comments. I just clicked the "post reply" icon and have waited 40 odd seconds for page to load!
Ive got standard plusnet conexant adsl usb modem.

theres nothing wrong with my machine or settings.

latest speedtest after two hour switch off.

Downstream 44 Kbps (5.5 KB/sec) 50 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 44 Kbps (5.5 KB/sec) 50 Kbps (inc. overheads)

boo hoo i give up for today Cry
N/A

Gosh what a variation on performance here. I haven't tried these speed tests but it sounds as though things have improved for a few of us anyway. Lets hope tomorrow's upgrade finally sorts it out for the rest of us.

Melodytune

--
Life Is A Roller Coaster.
N/A

>
> Melodytune
>

It's a bit like making love sometimes it only lasts ten minutes!! and you think about it and maybe talk about it for the rest of the day. Now for me: downloads 24kbps, uploads 62Kbps and I've even managed a 147/39 My system is so laid back, when the upload sends a message. It say's hey man do I know you? do I want to speak to you. Can I be bothered and then it thinks about it and sends a message when it feels like it. I call it asta manyana net.
--