cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin router disconnects from desktop

dsmail
Grafter

I have a Belkin wireless router (F5D7632uk4A) attached to my desktop via LAN connection cable. When desktop drops into standby after pre-determined time, connection to router is dropped (shown by LAN channel led light on router going out)
When desktop is re-awakened by moving mouse, LAN link does not come back to life leaving no internet connection on desktop While this LAN connection is broken, the wireless part works fine as I have internet access on my laptop running off the same router. This appears to be a problem between cable connected router and desktop and not a dropped internet connection as is often the case.

I’d appreciate any advice as to how to stop the desktop and router loosing connection.

Thanks

Dave
3 REPLIES
N/A

You need to look at power options and your network card option it appears the card isnt waking up. It could be windows or the bios you need to look at.

Has this suddenly happened and have you changed anything?
dsmail
Grafter

Thanks for your reply. I've been advised to prevent my Destop from going into standby and just allowing shut down of monitor and HDDs. So far this has worked out fine as router connection with PC has been preserved.....so far!

Dave
N/A

I had a lot of problems with my Belkin router (same model) and I ended up getting a replacement 7633 model.

I also had to upgrade the firmware with a patch from their rubbish website.