cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin modem / wireless G router F5D7632-4 loses connection

N/A

Connection rate to PCs has been fine. I haven't noticed it being slow or (perish the thought) fast. Sorry, I don't have the exact figure at the moment.

I have tried security on and off with no difference.

Jeff
kosh2
Grafter

No doubt you have considered the following but I'll say it just in case.

What happens if you do nothing on the computer, just leave it sitting there. Does the connection drop? If it does then disconnect from the computer, reboot the router and watch the LEDs for disconnection. Are you running p2p software at thetime? Have you discoonected all other devices from the phone line, especially Sky Box. Is QoS packet scheduler on or off? Have you checked/changed the telephone able

One thing that seemed to effect my Belkin (older model I admit) is the time update facility in the Belkin Utilty menu. I changed the source from the US to Europe because I noted inthe log that if it failed to connect to teh time server it seemed to disconnect soon after.

Might be useful to post a full log file from the router too.

Do you know how to access the secret menus to check the settings there?

have you changed channel? have you tried only g or b settings?

Sorry for the long list.
kosh2
Grafter

Just was looking on the Belkin site. The latest version of firmware is jan 06 but your screen shot says oct 05.
N/A

The one on the Belkin website does not work! It says file too big :?

However, after writing a big nasty email to belkin, they sent me a firmware and guess what? IT WORKS!!!

The router is now connecting and I've been using it for over 2 hours!

I'd been scanning Ebay for a Netgear replacement but just before I bought one, I received a reply from Belkin email support. They sent me a firmware upgrade and it has fixed the problem! I'm kind of delighted but don't want to get
too excited as I have lost a lot of faith in Belkin routers over the last
few weeks.

However, the upgrade makes the router connect and disconnect as it should
and it's been up and running for over 2 hours now with no problems.

Thanks to all who replied - much appreciated.

Jeff
N/A

Belkin Router Problem

I have just read with great interest the events you have experienced. I am having the same problem. I have had trouble getting anything out of Belkin and could only find a firmware upgrade that I thought was NOT for the UK hardware. In the end I applied it However the same disconnects are continuing. I did notice that sometimes the connection would remain on overnight but as soon as there was any activity this seemed to be effecting the connectivity. Normally I have a desktop and a laptop connected.

Could you let me have the firmware update that Belkin sent you as it seems to have done the trick

Regards

Ed
N/A

Firstly well done on a nice post. Losts of feed back and info!

I have the same problem with a newly purchased Belkin F5D7632-4 Modem/router and reading the previos posts applied the latest fireware update (3.01.20) and this seem to have fixed my problem. (only applied the update this evening!).

Thanks all.
Rob
N/A

Rob,

where did you find this version on the Belkin Web Site - the only version i can see is 1.00.09

Thanks

Ed
N/A

Hi All,

You can download the firmware here: http://www.pulldownpromos.com/belkin_f5d7632uk4a/F5D7632-4v3_UK_3.01.20.zip

Hope it helps!

Jeff
N/A

Hi

You should be able to find here :-

http://www.belkin.com/support/download.asp?download=F5D7632-4_V3000〈=1&mode=

My version router is V3.

Try this, it seems to have sorted my problem!

Rob
cjags
Grafter

N/A

Have you tried upping the idle time instead of setting it to zero?
Some modems/routers require a high number to stay active longer.
N/A

I bought a Belkin router same as above & had all the same problems as descibed - updating the firmware gave me a connection right away - only 10 mins ago at the moment but it is still working!!
Thanks for all posts

Gavvet