cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin f5d7633uk wireless router issue?

N/A

Hello all,

Perhaps someone out there has experienced this problem.....?

I'm using a Belkin f5d7633uk wireless router to connect to the internet. My desktop is connected to the router by an Ethernet cable. I use my work laptop with a wireless connection to the router, to VPN into my work systems.

The problem is that the desktop sometimes "loses" its internet connection, but not necessarily the "whole" connection - for example, sometimes Outlook can't connect but IE can, and other times, Outlook works OK, but IE can't connect. I've noticed that this can happen when I've been using the laptop connected to my work, and the laptop connection continues to work OK.

Therefore, I don't think the problem is between the router and Plusnet, but between the router and the desktop. I have to reboot the desktop to get the connection back.

Thanks for any help,
Mike
2 REPLIES
N/A

I have the same set up as yourself, but I radio network to my daughters computer as opposed to a laptop. I am suffering dropped connections all the time at the moment but never have to re-boot. My problem arose when I increased line speed form 500kbps to 1 mbps Line attenuation is constant at 53.5 but noise ratio drops from 24 down to 4 or 5 then I loose connection.

I have noticed that if connection drops when navigating to a web site you need to go back to the original site and re-navigate when connection comes back and also in Outlook stop the send and receive and start again when you get a connection.
Regards
Eddie
N/A

I think my problem is slightly different, since the router's connection to the Internet is still working (since the laptop is still connected to the Internet OK), but the connection between the desktop and the router isn't working correctly.

Mike