cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin Router cannot synch to DSL

N/A

Hi everyone

I've been trying to solve a problem now with my Belkin wireless modem/router for nearly 3 months (if I had any hair, it would have all been pulled out!)

At present, I am connected with my Binatone USB router supplied by Plusnet - no probs there. However, when I connect my Belkin wireless unit to the same dsl cable, the signal tries to synch - holds for a second or two, the data light comes on for a second and then BANG - the lights go out and the connection is lost - over and over.

I've tried eveything - assigning a static IP address although it is supposed to work with PPPoA. I've tried putting in the DSN numbers supplied by Plusnet - nothing.

I've spoken over days to Belkin and had numerous chats with Plusnet - Belkin haven't got a clue and refer me to Plusnet. Plusnet say they can see it connecting and then dropping out but passed me back to Belkin.

AnyoneHuh? PLEASEHuhHuhHuh? :roll:
10 REPLIES
N/A

I'm running a Belkin too but have nothing but praise for it, the security features etc are very good and simple for a non nerd to work out.

Just thinking aloud, I have lost two, yes two, routers over the last year, Dlink and the one that came with my Easy Start, they just died, lights coming on then nothing. I suspect that from others I know they may have been damaged by some sort of surge in a thunder storm. You may have had the same thing?

I'm assuming that to start with you're using the wires before trying the wireless to set it up?

Not much help I know but just wanted to say I'd had the same kind of thing before with other routers.

Good luck!

Mike

PS. If it's still under warranty, why not take it back and swap it?
N/A

Thanks Mike

I've certainly thought about that possibility - so I borrowed a friends identical router - same issues! Unless BOTH are messed up - seems unlikely.

Pat
N/A

Have you checked for firmware upgrades? but it does sound suspect sorry to say.

Are you able to take it back, as Mike has suggested?
N/A

Yep - tried the latest firmware. Although I have to say, it doesn't respond well - crashes alot.
N/A

Have you tried going back to the previous version. I've had problems in the past with routers and using the latest firmware.
N/A

that's an idea - I'll give it a go.
N/A

I've just setup my Linksys Wireless G router and I had probs getting the PC to see the internet. I could ping the router ok but just couldn't get out. Lastly I tried changing my network card's config from a static ip address to a dhcp assigned address for the ip address and the dns server. That seemed to do the trick and I can now surf.
N/A

Thanks - but I've tried that option too - without luck Sad
N/A

Make sure you using the splitter that comes with the router. When I used the modm from plus.net - the slitters with that didn't work with my benkin wireless router so i changed to the one that came with the router, works perfectly.
N/A

I don't remember a splitter coming with the router - so I will check that one out - could well be the problem! Thanks for that. :roll: