cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin F5D7630 lockups

N/A

Belkin F5D7630 lockups

Twice in my first week of use, the F5D7630-4A router has locked up overnight. In the morning I found the LEDs flashing and the router completely inaccessible. A hardware reset was needed to restore normal operation.

Has anyone got any ideas about this problem?

TIA
Eric
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Belkin F5D7630 lockups

Have you checked if you are running the latest firmware in the router? Even new modems may not have up to date firmware because you don't know how long that stock was at the suppliers.

What does the light that was flashing indicate? Does the manual explain what that light normally indicates and what t means when it is flashing?

Have you also had ADSL for the same length of time as the router?
N/A

Belkin F5D7630 lockups

Have you checked if you are running the latest firmware in the router? Even new modems may not have up to date firmware because you don't know how long that stock was at the suppliers.

Yes, I've upgraded to the latest firmware from Belkin.

What does the light that was flashing indicate? Does the manual explain what that light normally indicates and what t means when it is flashing?

It was the ADSL data light which was flashing. All the manual says about this is that flashing means "WAN activity". When it's on steadily it means that it's logged on with the ISP.

Have you also had ADSL for the same length of time as the router?

In fact I got the router some weeks before I got my ADSL connection. I had it connected up and working as a (rather overspecified!) network switch. There were no problems during this period.

I've noticed in the security log that I've been on the receiving end of a number of UDP flood attacks, but I don't know if these have triggered the lockups.

Eric
N/A

Belkin F5D7630 lockups

there might be some bug in the routers code that makes it lock up under certain situations such as a UDP flood.. maybe post on their site or ask the help and support as they may be unaware of such clitch

Buz
N/A

Belkin F5D7630 lockups

there might be some bug in the routers code that makes it lock up under certain situations such as a UDP flood.. maybe post on their site or ask the help and support as they may be unaware of such clitch

Yes, their site doesn't have a discussion forum, but I've emailed their support department (which doesn't work weekends of course).

Eric
N/A

Belkin F5D7630 lockups

N/A

Belkin F5D7630 lockups

Look at this on broadband reports
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10070950~mode=flat

Many thanks for that link.

Eric