N/A

Been Put on MAX, But..

Not exactly the usual 'On max, connected at * but still only getting *'

As my router says..

2912 Kbps Downstream
448 Kbps Upstream

But adsl guide says..

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=11467494133747622109

So obviously my uploads increased, but my download hasnt.

This..

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

Says 2000

Any ideas? Am i waiting for plusnet or is this as fast as im going to get?

Thanks, Max Cheesy
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Been Put on MAX, But..

thats pretty normal especially during the 1st 10days. its only your download speed that gets set on the BT system known as the BRAS.

The BRAS should hopefulyl eventually update to your new speed after your line training, at which point PN will be sent a "delta" report detailing your new optimum speed (which is then set on the stable_rate page. You will be unable to raise a fault for this until after 10dayds and PN receive the delta report.

Its just a grin and bare it problem thats affecting all ISPs using BT wholesale I'm afraid.
N/A

Been Put on MAX, But..

Oh ok i didnt realise it was just download.

Thanks
N/A

Been Put on MAX, But..

I got maxdsl on the 2nd, and my sync has hardly dropped (was stable for 12hrs until I rebooted the router)

I also noticed yesterday that stable_rate shows as 2000 and this hasnt changed. Is there anyway plusnet can manually lift thisHuh My connection syncs at 8000
Community Veteran

Been Put on MAX, But..

I haven't had any disconnections either, my router seems to hold the connection solid even is my SNR goes down to 0db!

there is no way that PN can manually change the stable_rate, they can only raise a fault with BTw after your 10days when PN receive your delta report from BTw
N/A

Been Put on MAX, But..

ok, thanks for the reply.

My router also hold sync on 0 SNR Smiley Its a DSL-G604T
N/A

Re: Been Put on MAX, But..

Plusnet told me I had been regraded to BT IPStream Max on April 19. Today, May 5th, the ADSL guide speed test shows downstream 3.6 Mb/s. I'm disappointed.