cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Holiday Woes - delayed activation

N/A

Bank Holiday Woes - delayed activation

Hello all,

I just wantd to post a message letting everyone know how frustrated I am by long bank holiday in the middle of my "7-10 working days".

I assume that other people are suffering the same affliction.

My order has been submitted to BT for activation since the day I signed up. I've raised a ticket with support,

Ticket number 4811625

I was hoping that the activation date would be confirmed by BT, but I've not heard anything from Plus.Net about this.

I am going into business installing ADSL networks and therefore also hopefully recommending and referring people to Plus.Net.

However, I cannot expand my knowledge of DSL and its foibles whilst I am still waiting.

I know that BT are the ones who drop the ISP's in it all the time, I used to do tech support for another ISP who was also unfortunately to blame for rubbish service.

I am not holding Plus.Net responsible for anything at the moment, I was just hoping to get an update on my situation.

To be exact, my description of my frustration to support was that I am `crawling up the wall in anticipation of ADSL'. I've had to put work off until I've got it - I can't wait 5 hours for downloads!

Anyone else similarly frustrated by HM's celebrations? Other than this of course it was a great weekend.

Simon
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Bank Holiday Woes - delayed activation

Woe is me too! 13 days and still no DSL, all due to our Qeenys festivities! Thanks HM, bless her, its not her fault but the fault of BT.
I too am litrally wall crawling in the anticipation of the infamous DSL 512K connection. Ive raised a ticket (well several to be exact) and the latest is a little further along the line. Basically telling somebody to "get on with it". Lets hope its on its way.
Some other poor bugger had to wait 16 days for his....lets hope its not going to be that long eh!
N/A

> Some other poor bugger had to wait 16 days for his....lets hope its not going to be that long eh!

Does anyone know if BT actually tell Plus.Net when they're going to do the work at the exchange?
Or do they just confirm when they expect it to be done by?

It's very frustrating to keep checking the ADSL tracker every day, and my DSL modem, to see whether there is a signal or any update.

Maybe we should all take this up with Ben Verwayan (I hope that's how it's spelt). Credit to them for dropping the price, but the service aint good enough. ADSL installations could come under national employment (a la John M Keynes) there's enough demand for it - so why does it take so long.

Anyone at Plus.net support - exactly WHAT info does BT provide you with?

Simon
N/A

>
> > Some other poor bugger had to wait 16 days for his....lets hope its not going to be that long eh!
>
> Does anyone know if BT actually tell Plus.Net when they're going to do the work at the exchange?
> Or do they just confirm when they expect it to be done by?
>
> It's very frustrating to keep checking the ADSL tracker every day, and my DSL modem, to see whether there is a signal or any update.
>
> Maybe we should all take this up with Ben Verwayan (I hope that's how it's spelt). Credit to them for dropping the price, but the service aint good enough. ADSL installations could come under national employment (a la John M Keynes) there's enough demand for it - so why does it take so long.
>
> Anyone at Plus.net support - exactly WHAT info does BT provide you with?
>
> Simon

Simon, I am on day 15 now and have just been told that my exchange has a problem with a line card being faulty. This took me several days to find out. ADSL sounds like a myth to me now, I don't know why I bother with the ADSL tracker, it just winds me UP !

JASON
N/A

Maybe we ought to start a site specifically to name and shame BT when they drop people in it.

A client was absolutely promised by BT months and months ago that when he took out his Business 500, they would come and hold his hand while the whole thing was set up.

They turned up, changed the socket faceplate, gave him his modem (No XP Drivers were included, client has XP) and then they promptly buggered off.

I was supposed to have had BT's ADSL ona free 3 month trial last year. I logged onto their site to submit my CC details, but there was no padlock, therefore I figured not secure.
I telephoned their number as advertised on the same page for phone signup. Unfortunately it only ever went through to voicemail, so I left message. Needless to say I didn't get my free trial, and BT's response was "well, if you didn't submit your credit card details, then how can we continue".

To be honest I'm fed up with the approach of many companies who think that just because they have call centres, this means they are investing in their customer service. If they want to know about real service they should ask their customers.

Simon
N/A

I just wished I had not listened to you lot of wingers. I ordered my line through Plusnet on May 29th, last Wednesday night. Within 2 hours Plusnet had confirmed availability (the exchange was converted on 23rd May and BT(!!!) still said I could not order a line until after the 31st May!!!).
With all your comments and the 4 day bank holiday I thought there was no chance until next week. And what happens, this morning 6th I was on and I HAVE NO MODEM OR SPLITTERS YET!!! Won't get them until next Tuesday/Wednesday!!!

Thanks a bunch!!!

In my book that is 7 full days with a 4 day weekend.
Well done Plusnet (don't blame them it's ALL down to lousy BT)
N/A

> I just wished I had not listened to you lot of wingers. I ordered my line through Plusnet on May 29th, last Wednesday night. Within 2 hours Plusnet had confirmed availability (the exchange was converted on 23rd May and BT(!!!) still said I could not order a line until after the 31st May!!!).
> With all your comments and the 4 day bank holiday I thought there was no chance until next week. And what happens, this morning 6th I was on and I HAVE NO MODEM OR SPLITTERS YET!!! Won't get them until next Tuesday/Wednesday!!!
>
> Thanks a bunch!!!
>
> In my book that is 7 full days with a 4 day weekend.
> Well done Plusnet (don't blame them it's ALL down to lousy BT)

I'd just be grateful in your position. Plusnet do seem to be doing a great job for their part. I ordered late on Monday 27th and Plusnet confirmed the next morning. On Wednesday morning, a BT engineer called round, activated the line at the exchange, put a tester on and then promptly confirmed "Nope - sorry, your line will not support ADSL - too far from the exchange". So, 8 days on, what do you think the tracker says ? I contacted Plusnet who confirmed that they had heard nothing from BT.

Personally, unless BT are frantically trying to find a way to make it work (sounds like the whole of my very large estate is affected), this situation is disgusting and simply an excuse to make as much money as possible whilst they can i.e. by delaying the refund of activation fees. If they are trying to fix, why cant they at least have the decency to inform the ISP ? BT have got a long way to go on their road to recovery and they actually need to be moving to make any progress down it.
N/A

Hi All

My Two choices for ADSL were Plus.net or Pipex,i have two friends with Pipex and they were both given ativation dates. And both of theses dates were around six days after sign up.
Why can Pipex give activation dates and not Plus.net??

I too am suffering from Bank Holiday woes...

I ordered my DSL just after midnight on the morning of the 24th.. still waiting.

Nigel :|
N/A

> Maybe we ought to start a site specifically to name and shame BT when they drop people in it.

A site run by someone I know:

http://www.btsuck.org/

There are others, try variations of btsuck(s) under .org, .org.uk, .co.uk etc.

--
Cheers, Ian.