cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth

N/A

Bandwidth

This month according to the usage monitor I have downloaded 11.75gb :O im on home surf which is no longer available, which is also uncapped. Do I risk my account being terminated or capped if I use it this much? Dont usually use it this much but my hard drive blew so had to download everything twice, hope I dont get charged extra or something for downloading loads :?
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Bandwidth

Home surf is uncapped (i.e. unlimited) and will remain so until you decide to switch to another product, so it does not mater what your usage is.
michaelscott
Grafter

Bandwidth

This month according to the usage monitor I have downloaded 11.75gb

Don't worry. I'm approaching 28Gb Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy :shock:
N/A

Bandwidth

Don't worry :p

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Bandwidth

Hi,

As rbentley says there's no reason to worry. Home Surf accounts don't have any bandwidth limits (just the type of download i.e. Peer-2-Peer and binary newsgroups) so you can use as much bandwidth as you like.
For the older account types like ADSL Home and Home Surf the View My Broadband Usage feature is there more for informational purposes than anything else so you can see how much you are downloading/uploading.
N/A

Bandwidth

Although you would have reason to worry if your hard drive is not greater than 250Gb capacity with usage like that!
N/A

Bandwidth

Apologies thought that was Gb on Tuesday but is only Mb.
N/A

Bandwidth

268gb in a day? That'd be quite a trick considering it's not physically possible Wink
N/A

Bandwidth

Heh rbentley you really use a lot, what you do? download 50 movies a day? LOL
N/A

Bandwidth

I'd say nearly 1/3 of it is uploads..i'm a fan of bittorrent. For example, i downloaded AA last night, downloaded 728mb, uploaded 846mb.
N/A

Bandwidth

N/A

Bandwidth

This option did not work b4 on me. I only used 0.75gb
N/A

Bandwidth

if we upgrade to 1 of the new home packages (with pemier for 21.99/month), would i be able to use p2p?
N/A

Bandwidth

Yes, there are no usage restrictions on any of the new Broadband Home accounts - you can use binary newsgroups, p2p, etc. Obviously if you buy the Boradband Home account with a bandwidth limit, you can only transfer so much / month - but there's still no limit on p2p, etc.
Community Veteran

Bandwidth

if we upgrade to 1 of the new home packages (with pemier for 21.99/month), would i be able to use p2p?

Just for clarification, can you confirm you are on a ADSL home surf or Biz Surf account? If not, you don't have P2P restrictions anyway so there would be no reason to move to a new product.