cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth increased with no communications from PN

N/A

My exchange has been enabled for Max, and my bandwidth (according to speedtest at adsguide and at PN) has increased to a stable 2.6 -> 3.6 Mbps.

I'm not complaining, (would like a good 8Mb though as I am within spitting distance of my exchange) but PN have not sent me any email or confirmation of a regrade in progress.

Reading comments on the forum, I would have expected an email from PN stating that a regrade is in progress and will expect bandwidth flucturations whilst it syncs and settles on a rate.

Any ideas?

Francis
4 REPLIES
N/A

It appears that my line was upgraded on Monday (15 May) too, completely without warning or advance notice. It's my understanding that most upgrades are being performed on a bulk basis (700 per day?) by BT and there is no advance warning.

I'm happy to report that there was no apparent disruption to my ADSL service and despite a S/N ratio that varies from 3 - 7 dB, my router consistently connects at 8128kbps. I'm seeing a large number of fastpath CRC errors but download speeds of up to 700Kps are routine.
N/A

My line is now stabilising to about 4 - 4.5 Mbps.

8 would be nice ;-) especially with my proximity to the exchange and good S/N

Francis
Community Veteran

The emails are not currently being sent out due to BT changing the ordering tool and the scripts PN wrote no longer see the orders they placed via the bulk regrade tool. BT did this without informing PN.

This has been like this for several weeks now with no sign of it being resolved yet so people will be upgraded without the warning emails..
N/A

I think this has happened for us too. We used to connect at only 1mb, but I noticed my router stats (voyager 205 ADSL) now say down speed of 1920 and up speed 448. However when I do a speed test we are still only getting a speed of 1mb.

Is this normal? Might it sort itself out? Or should I raise a ticket?

Any advice

Cheers

Patch