cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth allocation

N/A

Bandwidth allocation

Hi,

I wanted to ask you what is the bandwidth allocation to members for their websites.

Also what is the file size limit on uploads to the web space?

Regards,
Zakhan
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Bandwidth allocation

The limit is 250mb for home users per day, 500 for business IIRC.

There is no limit on the size of file you can upload / download to your FTP space.

Chris
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

Hi,

Chris is correct - it's 250MB per day on home subscription accounts, and 500MB per day on business ones.
On non-subscription accounts (i.e. pay-as-you-go), you are allowed to transfer 100MB/day on home accounts and 150MB/day on business accounts.
N/A

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

No offence, thanks for the space but 250mb per day is kind of bad. I mean if your website gets the least bit popular it will probably go over that. Shocked
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

HMM.

Have you looked at hosted services ever?

You will find that +net provide you with 7.5 GB / month (everage 30day month), which is a lot more than any other service.
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

7.5gb/month is MUCH more than enough!

And..it's free!
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

And..it's free!

..don't think that Plus Net provide anything 'free' - not that I'd expect 'em to. Smiley
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

..don't think that Plus Net provide anything 'free' - not that I'd expect 'em to. Smiley

Can you show any other provider giving the same service. User CGI, PHP, and even HTTPS access for static content.

There may be 1, or even 2. But do they provide it at the same cost?

Yes, it is true, the price is there, within your monthly fee, but then you would enver pay for the equipment if they didn't do this.
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

Can you show any other provider giving the same service.

Just said it wasn't free and what's more I don't expect it to be.

Plus Net provide a very competitive package at the moment - I'm certainly happy - but their bottom line is turning a profit.
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

/me drools over plusnet
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

a couple of friends of mine are with NTL world and because they have little or no webspace (can't remember which one..) they have been looking for hosting elsewhere. it's been hard enough for them to get PHP access let alone more than 1GB/month transfer.
out of interest, as i can't imagine my site going beyond 250mb/day, what would happen if we were to exceed that limit? would files stop transferring or would we get nasty emails?
Community Veteran

Bandwidth allocation

I've asked about this myself in a ticket. Apparently, they will either bill you for the amount you go over £2.50/GB, or they will just e-mail you asking if you can remove something from your webspace so the traffic dies down.

Thomas
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

I've asked about this myself in a ticket. Apparently, they will either bill you for the amount you go over £2.50/GB, or they will just e-mail you asking if you can remove something from your webspace so the traffic dies down.

Thomas

How about a defintive answer on this. What does happen? I'm afraid that my experience and that of others is that the first thing that happens if something is wrong is that the account is suspended (too late changing my payment details after credit card change in my case).

Also is the 250Mb cumulative i.e. does it apply to my own usage plus traffic generated by people connecting to my web pages/cgi stuff.
N/A

Bandwidth allocation

I understand there is a post located ont he board about this.

I think it wholy depended on the circumstances surrounding why the bandwidth use is so high.