cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad connection at certain times of the day.

N/A

is anyone else have problems with the broadband connection about 4pm every day? it seams that about 3:30 to about 5:0 pm and sometime again abou 8pm my router drops the line and is reluctant to reconnect . is there a known problem that we should know
kev Haskell
Shockedops:
6 REPLIES
N/A

Dont think so unless ur router is going funny
N/A

If it is specifically the same time periods every day, it is possible that it could be some electronic interference close to you causing a sync interruption.
Central heating themostats, flickering street lights and , very common over Xmas, Christmas tree lights have all been the cause of dropped DSL signals.
Does the sync light stay on when the connection is lost ?Huh
Community Veteran

Are you connecting your ADSL modem via a filter/splitter. If not do so and see if that helps - remember it must connect via the ADSL side, not the side with the normal phone socket. If you are already, try a different filter.

ALso unplug any other equipment you have in the room - especially anything that is connected to the same socket as you modem.
N/A

Interestingly I have been having similar problems recently. My main problems occur after 1930. The router 'Link' light goes out and it will not re-connect for a while. On 2 recent occasions this ran on untill the follwing morning. On both occasions the 'Link' light was out at 0730 and on at 0800.

On the subject of interfearance. When I initially set up my ADSL I has lots of problems. Some of them turned out to be the powersupply in one of my PCs. The router would not connect if the PC was running. Replace the powersupply in the PC and the problem was solved.
keithcalder
Grafter

Yes I can report bad connections from around 8pm. H ad the same problem for over a week but opened a ticket at the portal and all seems ok now, although I have no idea what +net did or if the problem left the same way as it came. Smiley
N/A

My problems are still ongoing. The time element seems to have dropped off. i.e the router looses sync. at other times of the day.

Bought a new router/modem to see if it did better than the AR11 thing that came with the startup pack. In a day of trying I have not been able to get it to sync. and I am back with the AR11 Cry

btw: my new router is the SMC 7404 Barricade.