cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Bad DNS

N/A

Bad Bad DNS

Hi

Im experiencing big DNS problems. I cant connect to any sites but plusnet, its been like this for over 2 hours now.

My connection is fine, MSN works :-) but thats about it.

One site gets a bit boring.

I've tried power cycles of all my equipment and its still the same Sad

up til this morning my connection had been superb for 4 weeks, you make better upgrades and it fails.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Bad Bad DNS

> Hi
>
> Im experiencing big DNS problems. I cant connect to any sites but plusnet, its been like this for over 2 hours now.
>
> My connection is fine, MSN works :-) but thats about it.
>
> One site gets a bit boring.
>
> I've tried power cycles of all my equipment and its still the same Sad
>
> up til this morning my connection had been superb for 4 weeks, you make better upgrades and it fails.

Someone posted the BT DNS server addresses recently which made this issue disappear. Too bad I no longer I have them.
N/A

You'r not alone, I'm experiencing the exact same problem,

No service all day and now major problems! Whats going on
Its usually so good
N/A

> Someone posted the BT DNS server addresses recently which made this issue disappear. Too bad I no longer I have them.

I did keep them - tried them and it's made no difference.

:confused:
N/A

>
> > Someone posted the BT DNS server addresses recently which made this issue disappear. Too bad I no longer I have them.
>
>
> I did keep them - tried them and it's made no difference.
>
> :confused:
>

Found them, too - not working here, either.
N/A

> You'r not alone, I'm experiencing the exact same problem,
>
> No service all day and now major problems! Whats going on
> Its usually so good

I don't think its DNS. I cannot even ping IP numbers that I know exist! It's still routing issues as per all day. No fix I don't think. The release looks like pure PR to me!

How they can be showing a "green light" for connectivity when people are still having major problems is just plain disgraceful.

Has anyone had a response to a support ticket with any more info?

Regards
--
Emeric Miszti
http://www.uksecurityonline.com
N/A

it's not that bad - I can access Freeserve and MSN - so that's a choice of three sites - it's like going to the days before Channel Four an Five on TV!
N/A

> it's not that bad - I can access Freeserve and MSN - so that's a choice of three sites - it's like going to the days before Channel Four an Five on TV!

Hey, you are one of the lucky ones!!

I can't even get to the portal Sad

Regards
--
Emeric Miszti
http://www.uksecurityonline.com