cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT voyager 205 problem? Idleconnection?

N/A

Can anyone help me with the following problem?
I am using a Bt voyager 205 ADSL modem/Router and I have the problem with the connection failing after sometime.
It is very irritating as sometimes my connection goes dead when downloading, playing games or anything and I either have to turn the modem on/off to get it to work again, or restart comp, very annoying.
Is it the modem? Should I buy a new one?
Any help would be appreciated!
1 REPLY
N/A

We're having similar problems with the Voyager 105! (See message above). Try going to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device manager and right-clicking on the Voyager Modem under the Modem tab. Then select properties and you should see something like "allow this computer to turn off device to save power".. this should NOT be ticked. Also try Internet Options and after highlighting the modem, click on settings, then tell it to redial if the line is dropped.

But I agree, this shouldn't be happening.

Having said all that, this didn't work for us ( Sad ). Try doing a Google using "Voyager 205 disconnect" and you'll probably see a lot of people who have this problem. I personally think it's something to do with the USB drivers messing up Windows somehow. The Voyager helpline was useless (or even worse than that!).