cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT to cap time limit on broadband?

N/A

BT to cap time limit on broadband?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/27364.html

Plz give your views on this and would this apply to us even though we are not subscribers to AngryBT as such but to plusnet.

:angryfire:
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: BT to cap time limit on broadband?

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/27364.html
>
> Plz give your views on this and would this apply to us even though we are not subscribers to AngryBT as such but to plusnet.
>
> :angryfire:

Well i've only just signed up last week, my line is activated but i'm awaiting the hardware from plusnet.
And that is not good for board band at all, if they enable capping.

If they do, do that, i'll just move else where, to a ISP that gives me what i want, like i did when i was on BT surftime (dail up), i used it alot, so they sent me a email saying lower your usage or your out of here.
So i moved to AOL which i was on all day, and sometimes all night, and they didn't moan.

So we'll see what comes of plusnet in the coming future.
N/A

aye, i'm waiting for account activation myself. it'll be interesting to see what they're gonna make of my usage.

i'm no Terabyte-a-day man but i do use a fair bit of bandwidth. i'll be p***ed if i do get hassled for high usage; the whole reason you get ADSL is to use it loads!

wouldn't surprise me, though, if BT pulled the plug on anyone who actually wants value for their money.

> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/27364.html
> >
> > Plz give your views on this and would this apply to us even though we are not subscribers to AngryBT as such but to plusnet.
> >
> > :angryfire:
>
> Well i've only just signed up last week, my line is activated but i'm awaiting the hardware from plusnet.
> And that is not good for board band at all, if they enable capping.
>
> If they do, do that, i'll just move else where, to a ISP that gives me what i want, like i did when i was on BT surftime (dail up), i used it alot, so they sent me a email saying lower your usage or your out of here.
> So i moved to AOL which i was on all day, and sometimes all night, and they didn't moan.
>
> So we'll see what comes of plusnet in the coming future.

N/A

me isnt going to be a happy bloke if they do that,

And does any one know why My DSL upload is iffy I mean its getting worser and worser day by day
N/A

As far as I can see, BT already cap the service- if you d/l for several hours (as I have for Linux images) the link slows right down. It's also difficult to get connections.

When I was trying to get connected (loads of hassle) one of the PlusNet guys said that I might be getting a dead line, in the connection at the exchange. This is kept for you even if you don't connect, for up to 20 mins, so he said to unplug for that long.

I have noticed since that if you unplug for a bit, the link speeds right up again. Usually I just switch off the modem/router when I crash.

It's not always on, but it's a small timeout for fast speeds the rest of the time.
N/A

What i havent seen is a reply from one of the plusnet team as yet what are your answers to our problem, if it does arise will we have to follow suit or are we safe and is this just hype going around or is there any truth in thisAngry

cos i was with BT when they put me on 004 number and for me i will go else where, wont ***** around anymore cos i have moved now to a place where i can get both. As it is i hate BT dont trust them at all after the treatment they gave me, well if anyone watched watchdog you understand that the BT staff didnt give a monkeys for us and just fobbed us off, if this happens again they are too loose lots of ppl.
N/A

Well reading that from the register it would say to me that BT are going/might cap there DSL customers, i do not see where it's going to cap all ISP's . It also states that they have capped there dial up service and they they could if they want to cap there DSL service however this all applies to there isp (openworld) and not plus.net i would read that again.

cUnDaLl