cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT speed test

JJ
Grafter

BT speed test

I am on MaxDSL with a sync rate of 8128. Been stable at that rate since I was upgraded 4 days ago. Speed tests show 2Mb

I am trying to do a BT speed test (never done one before). To see if it's just PN limiting my line or BT's system that hasn't picked up I am on Max yet.

I can log in ok, put my telephone number in, press go and that’s it. After a long delay I get a ‘Test error’ page come up.

I am on a PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 2Mb - Original - original 20:1 variant account.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong. I have tried a number of times since 6.

John H
5 REPLIES
N/A

BT speed test

Hi John, I wouldnt worry too much it can take upto 10 days for your line to be finished regrading. Once BT take over the regrade they continually test your line for a 10 day period to find out what your Max Speed achieved is.

Once the 10 days are complete I believe it takes 1-3 days for the final speed evaluation to kick in.

If your still having problems after this time your best solution is raising a ticket with Plusnet. But until those 10-13 days have passed they will most likely not be able to help you.

I hope this helps Smiley
JJ
Grafter

BT speed test

Phearfactor

Thanks for that.

I was doing the BT speed check more out of curiosity as I hadn’t done one before. So I would still be interested if anyone can point out what I might be doing wrong.

John H
N/A

BT speed test

When you are reading this look at the left hand side under My Account. Select Connection Settings. Inside there you can do an adsl speed test. This will one of the most accurate as there will be no latency. Also if you are have problems running other adsl speed tests it may ne that you do not have java installed. www.java.com

Hope This Helps

[i]If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization
kitz
Rising Star

BT speed test

I can log in ok, put my telephone number in, press go and that’s it. After a long delay I get a ‘Test error’ page come up.

hmmmm funny you should mention that..
I had the exact same problem myself last night.. and I'm pretty certain I know how to do the BTw speedtesters Wink

One of the things I did notice, is that they had changed the image on the page, so Im wondering if theyve borked something.

One thing that you may not be aware of is that there are 2 BTw speedtesters.
I dont know which one you used

speedtester1.nat.bt.com - http://217.32.105.42
speedtester2.nat.bt.com - http://217.35.209.142

But it was speedtester 2 that didnt work for me last night
JJ
Grafter

BT speed test

Kittz

Managed to get it to work after Simania suggested using the other IP

The 217.32.105.42 works the other one didn't

John H