cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT say i havent got a problem ?

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I am concerned that it may be something im doing but know not what ? I wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem.

When i get a phone call i lose my broadband connection i have replaced my filters three times now as that seemed a possible problem, BT tell me there is nothing wrong with my line but i think they are wrong as my connection (my middle green light) always flikers at that point the phone line is also crackly although BT wont acknowledge that,it is always worse when it rains, i am sure this is not a Plus Net problem although when the light is stable it sometimes hangs on cheking password and i have to start again it usually takes at least three attempts to connect..Could this be a software or equipment problem as it can be really annoying...anyone got any ideas...thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

Try dialling 17070, and selecting option 2.

This is known as a quiet line test: There should be no noise whatsoever on your line during this test.

If there is noise, call BT on 150, and report it as a voice fault, they should fix it for you.

Once its fixed, you should see a real improvement in your ADSL quality.

The problems re-connecting could be caused by a delay in the PN servers recognising the previous disconnect, since it would just be a drop, rather than a log off type disconnect where the server would be aware immediately that you had disconnected.

If you still have issues once BT sort your line, thats the time to ask PN to investigate for you.
shellsong
Grafter

I reckon it might well be a high resistance fault on your line that BT haven't picked up-- possibly a bad joint somewhere, see here
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I did the quiet test and yes there was a lot of noise on my line although this is not all the time it seems to do it at random, however trying to contact bt after that was a waste of time. I was re-directed to 0845 6007030 After wasting half the morning trying to get through (the fact bt had a major problem may have had something to do with it.) I was told that i should ring 151 as 150 is only for BT broadband users to report the fault ?? and this is where i came in ? BT dont seem to want to know if your not using their Broadband and keep telling me they cant find any fault with my line Huh?. I am starting to lose the will to live................................................
shellsong
Grafter

If you have noticeable noise on the line 151 is the route to take, not 150, to get the right department on the job and it is best to report it as a voice fault since they won't be interested in broadband and might even try to fob you off if they think your complaint is broadband based

If you get an engineer round to investigate you could mention that it appears to be affecting broadband as an aside but otherwise it can't be emphasised enough that you should make out it's just a voice problem to the BT jobsworths allocating engineering resources
N/A

Don't know why I thought it was 150 for voice faults, perhaps I was thinking about my mobile phone companies CS dept? Poor excuse, but all I can think of. Sorreeee Smiley