cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT causing packet loss 2

N/A

BT causing packet loss 2

I have been onto Plus Net about this packet loss business, and they were very helpful for a number of weeks. I sent them ping and trace route data several times and it was escalated to priority. But now it has all changed. They are saying it is to be expected, it is not unreasonable. But sometimes it is off for more than 12 hours at a time. Imagine if my video, washing machine or car did not work for 12 hours a week, I'd be up in arms about it. If it happens to you, speak up. Plus Net needs to get it sorted with BT.
Graham T
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: BT causing packet loss 2

Its been happening to me download is fine good speeds always but uploads are appauling usually at night about 8:30 is the worst time and if I ping anything at that time I get about 1 in 10 request timed out I moved from Cable to ADSL for the faster upload speed and although the faster upload is better its not if it dont work! My speeds to plusnets servers never change always 256/512 but its other servers were my upload degrades and I know its not the other server because friends can connect to the same server at the same time and upload at 200k/sec.

Come on plusnet sort it out this is affecting a fair few people now and I dont think a new "Fat Pipe" will resolve this one as one has been recently installed or has it?!?
N/A

RE: BT causing packet loss 2

Have to agree with you Dean, I am experiencing exatly the same thing at around the same times, its a bit of a pain especially since i run a games server the lag and synch loss becomes very noticable.

Ali